Stonecleavers musket

Hello, so I got this as a drop and it's my first ascended piece. I'm trying to find out what to put in the open slots. I am mostly pve and haven't done any fractals yet.  (to scared  lol ). Anyway I would appreciate some help. Thanks so much you guys have been great to me. 

Well, it'll depend on what class you play and what spec you prefer to use. If you play more of a power build, you'll want something that gives you extra damage, like a Superior Sigil of Force. If you play more of a conditions build, you'll want something that will increase your condition effects, like Superior Sigil of Malice or Bursting.

You can also put infusions into the weapon. Since you're not doing Fractals yet, you could just grab an infusion from a Laurel vendor or in wvw to put in there, or you can buy Agony Infusions off of the TP. Or you could just leave it empty, and then buy a better infusion with fractal relics if you decide to do Fractals.

As a side note, don't let Fractals intimidate you too much. There are good general guides on the wiki, and there are lots of videos out there. Read up on them a bit, and then just give a tier 1 group a try. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can equip them from the Hero Panel. Just click on the weapon you want and you should see them in your inventory on the left. Right click and equip it to the item and it should show you both slots. Just don't put them in the same slot as that will destroy your other sigil.

If you are just doing open world don't worry about buying "the best" sigils either. If they are too expensive just play around with others that give you more power damage. Also things that say "on weapon swap" work for when you equip kits for the Mechanist.

As for Fractals, what scares you so? Social thing or just don't feel prepared? I'll gladly take any new players through them, they are great fun! Tier 1 is just about learning the dungeon for the most part. Just smack some bosses and get loot! Strikes too if you haven't, the first few are so easy you'll laugh later when you realize how silly it is to be scared of them. Take it from someone who "wasn't prepared" for years in this game. Wish I didn't wait.

As for great, ascended is great but did you know the game is kind of built around Exotic! So having full exotics is good enough to do any content in this game (almost). You can get a good set of the Trading Post by searching for stats rather than by name or in WvW they added an entire set of stat selectable exotics for cheap currency too! 

If you still need to see what you are getting into try Mukluklabs for guides. There is a lot of good content here to make you feel more prepared. There are many other sites but that is a personal favorite and the one I used to get into fractals, strikes and even raids!

• Thanks 1

Hmm.  The process should be:  have the desired two sigils in your inventory, not in an invisible bag.  Have the rifle equipped.  Right click on the rifle in your hero panel and select Customize.  Click on the upgrade slot.  The two sigils should appear in the right side of the box.  Left click the one you want for that slot.

Is that  how you've been doing it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

Hmm.  The process should be:  have the desired two sigils in your inventory, not in an invisible bag.  Have the rifle equipped.  Right click on the rifle in your hero panel and select Customize.  Click on the upgrade slot.  The two sigils should appear in the right side of the box.  Left click the one you want for that slot.

Is that  how you've been doing it?

Thanks so much  I did what you said and of course it worked. Now I'll know for the next time  thanks.

• Like 4