Error Code: 7:1000:7006:468 at first log in attempt, second attempt then always works

For about roughly a year or so (the only thing I remember is that it started happening directly after a patch) my launcher behaves the following way:

I start the launcher, enter my username/password if they are not already there, then press "Log in" button.

In about 95% of cases I then get the red error box saying the game lost connection to the server, in 5% cases the game starts normally.

Now, in those 95% of cases that I get the error box (Error Code: 7:1000:7006:468) the SECOND attempt to login is 100% successful.

So for about a year or more now, whenever I log into the game, I have to enter my data twice because the first login almost always fails and the second always works. Even when both boxes to remember the data are ticked, I can NOT simply press the button again because although the checkbox for remembering the password is ticked, it will not remember it because the login didn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this weird error or know details about Error Code: 7:1000:7006:468? I googled it and there was only one result claiming it is about wrong time/date setting, which is not the case as a) it is set correctly b) if that was the error then the second attempt would not work either.