Catalyst and Dead Eye Needs a Nerf

On 2/27/2024 at 9:47 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 nah there are many Streamer just playing catalyst realy often (aside the obv broken stuff like dh, deadeye, soulbeast, scrapper) i don't denie there are many builds that could 100-0 you in Seconds these days xd. While scrapper is the best out off all cause it does this in a big AoE xd

So streamers represent the average now? cmon mate. Most top 250 players avoid playing as much as possible to protect their rank. I play all the time, on and off peak, around g3-2 (aka I frequently play against plats, golds and silvers). Cata is not a common spec (EU), and never has been for 1.5 year or so. Call it anectdotal if you like, but I know that isnt the case. For example, if I said necro is a popular class (Cross sectionally), would you disagre? Its not quite as popular these days.. but still not a suprise to see 2 every game.

First game today: 3 SPBs, thats consistant with the last month of play, SPB is very popular atm, am I wrong?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

@Flowki.7194 i mean no streamers do not represent the average. But the reason it does Not see as mutch play as for example Spellbraker is simply that it is mechanic wise harder to play. (Means it takes longer to learn to play it actually good than most other classes). 

Also as i said the most common Builds that are used by tryhard streamers are just the ones that have a hughe burst plus are fast in terms of Mobility. Means DH/Willbender/Mes/Ele/Thief and also Ranger. In short said all the classes that could roaming and also If your good enough holding 1v1s. And as they could do this they are also the best options to actually carry your Team ^^

Edited by Myror.7521

On 2/26/2024 at 1:37 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ele is kind of like ranger, if you see one they're probably good at the class.  Same kind of holds for non-mechnist engi too.

That's been the case for me at least.  Even if I see another ranger or two on other side, chances are high one is decent and the other probably won't throw the game.  That goes to 'hero ball' specs like spellbreaker, mes, or thief that just run far, spam chat how they are holding 2v1 all game and die over...and over...and over.  

Thieves in particular are everywhere (guard and necro without fail in any given game, and not far behind is thief) and most of them aren't great; but with DE, I do agree that projectile denial removes most of the threat there.  You aren't going to catch them and probably won't kill them but holding a node for more than 5 seconds is more points than a kill anyway (even less time if you have 2+ nodes). 

Wrong. Go read the patch notes then try again.

• Confused 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:58 AM, Sereath.1428 said:

98% of this place.
"Yeah, yeah, and what if I can reliably kill 19 out of 20 players on ___ class? That one player with over a thousand hours of experience still killed me and made me feel bad! That class is clearly still far too strong, it needs to be looked at again! I want skill ceilings lowered to the ground. I want the skill cap to be zero."

Dude, if something is an issue to 98% of the player base that means it's also an issue to the players who should be able to out-skill them. The truth is that the Ele-buff took all Elementalists to extreme nightmare mode and the Catalyst to Old God nightmare mode. The nerfs that were immediately needed only reigned them back to respectively nightmare and extreme nightmare mode.

Also, instead of making fun of the word "reliable" ask what it means to them. For some, it's 99% and for others, it's 50%.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Dude, if something is an issue to 98% of the player base that means it's also an issue to the players who should be able to out-skill them. The truth is that the Ele-buff took all Elementalists to extreme nightmare mode and the Catalyst to Old God nightmare mode. The nerfs that were immediately needed only reigned them back to respectively nightmare and extreme nightmare mode.

Also, instead of making fun of the word "reliable" ask what it means to them. For some, it's 99% and for others, it's 50%.

Is that why 9/10 eles (even hardened catas) are now playing a border line meme weaver 1 shot build?

Ele is a nightmare, then you wake up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

People go with whatever is meta and whatever is meta is what the extremely skilled do so, meta is selfselective. Also, how can you say sarcastically that Ele is a nightmare and then put forth a Weaver spec, also an Elementalist, to exemplify that no one plays Ele.

Do I understand this correctly?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

People go with whatever is meta and whatever is meta is what the extremely skilled do so, meta is selfselective. Also, how can you say sarcastically that Ele is a nightmare and then put forth a Weaver spec, also an Elementalist, to exemplify that no one plays Ele.

Do I understand this correctly?

There are 4 specs for ele. Core, temptest, cata, weaver. All specs have a condi or power varient, while cata has additional hammer varient and tempest support varient. That is 10 potential "cookie cutter" specs (but their are more). So 9/10 eles are now playing 1 signle spec, in a very specific way.. and you don't think thats a sign of something? Sure, ele is a nightmare. Ranked is full of them.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, whooot.5784 said:

Imagine complaining about DE in 2024 ? After the nerfs they got, and with the BILLION WAY to hardcounter it? Like seriously ? Get updated man, you're a bit to late for that.

If you struggle against DE, just play scrapper, play holo, play dh, play sic em soulbeast, play drood with billion sustain and projectile denial (so you're legit immortal against him), play any kind of elem, play bladesworn, play spell breacker, play any kind of mesmer with reflect, play daredevil critic with impairing daguers, play herald or even vindicator...
EVERY CLASS in this game has billions way to deal with deadeye and even hardcounter it to the point it completly negate him.

Idk man, play with your brain?

I'm sorry you lost me at herald and vindicator lol... What? Have you fought a good deadeye on those, mostly thinking of herald here but how out of touch and defensive are you about your little baby thief.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wolf.1972 said:

I'm sorry you lost me at herald and vindicator lol... What? Have you fought a good deadeye on those, mostly thinking of herald here but how out of touch and defensive are you about your little baby thief.

The first few hours I played DE I used bow secondary as a safety net, in one game a gold+ herald and an avg WB were focusing me, it really wasnt hard to escape with TP and bow-5 till stealth was usable. It completely wasted their time to the point they stopped bothering with me. Then sit back and spam 2, dodge 1 snoozefest. And now axe thief lol.. auto spam then 3 @900, as if DD wasnt low enough risk at average level. What a game this is becoming.

If I was a thief main I'd be pretty pissed at the new playstyle, how on earth people find that engaging and fun. Auto > 3, cmon.. no risk, no mechanical difficulty, whats the point.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 actually i found the Axe fun in comb with Power Specter. Also If you just do as you said "Just Spam 1 then 3" you will be more than death with this kind of play lol

Flowki legit g1 bot played him so many times. Goes on weaver dies 9~ times per game and spergs out in say or mapchat 90% of matches

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, remorseless.6352 said:

Flowki legit g1 bot played him so many times. Goes on weaver dies 9~ times per game and spergs out in say or mapchat 90% of matches

Ive played weaver once in the past year or so, try again.

Legit 90% of this playerbase copes on easy face tank specs, druid/scourge/warrior, or easy dps, WB/DH/SLB <then pretend they are good at the game>

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 2/27/2024 at 9:47 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 nah there are many Streamer just playing catalyst realy often (aside the obv broken stuff like dh, deadeye, soulbeast, scrapper) i don't denie there are many builds that could 100-0 you in Seconds these days xd. While scrapper is the best out off all cause it does this in a big AoE xd

It's not really a scrapper thing, that particular scrapper build line was only started to showcase that the damage structure in the game needs to be looked into.

7 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Ive played weaver once in the past year or so, try again.

Legit 90% of this playerbase copes on easy face tank specs, druid/scourge/warrior, or easy dps, WB/DH/SLB <then pretend they are good at the game>

Doesnt change what i said u sperg out afking spamming map/say chat after perma feeding 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2024 at 4:10 AM, remorseless.6352 said:

Doesnt change what i said u sperg out afking spamming map/say chat after perma feeding 

I am toxic in-game, everybody knows that. It stems from the fact I am a team player, in a playerbase where 9/10 players think they are Boyce roamers who have to single handedly win games by sitting on far. The type of player that I blow 3 CDs to res, who then run off and leave me in a 1v1 with the very dps I just resed them from "becuase they have to go rotate". Why do you think the game has so few supports? sPVP has the most selfish playerbase I have ever seen, who have no core value of team work first. Ive ressed more people than you have probably killed this season, which is ironic, considering most of the time its due to over extend (especially WBs), thanks to forgving front loaded mechanics. You seen me play zerker weaver once, as spec that dies on the spot for the slightest overextention, and you wanne talk personal bs to get back at me for calling out specs? not individuals. That says everything about you. But it also says what I need to know about the "vets" in this game who will shamelessly abuse specs like DH pre-nerf, while admitting its a toxic newb slayer spec. Most people in this game have 0 sense of team work, and 0 sense of fair play. Just go unranked and see the amount of pre-made vet groups with rank anxiety (absolute chicken shits) hard sweating fotm specs and spawn camping solo newbs.

90% of my games are on support or support hybrid, specs that are not strong enough to 1v1 a competent plat level player, I avoid 1v1/sides unless it is manditory. I had over 300 games this season, got in plat once, was 2 games off plat last week, solo que as core rev on and off peak. Salty sure, feeder? no, get it right. I mightwell be a feeder around plat vets, thats probably true, but that kind of skill gap, we should never be in the same ranked game anyway.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/9/2024 at 2:37 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

I am toxic in-game, everybody knows that. It stems from the fact I am a team player, in a playerbase where 9/10 players think they are Boyce roamers who have to single handedly win games by sitting on far. The type of player that I blow 3 CDs to res, who then run off and leave me in a 1v1 with the very dps I just resed them from "becuase they have to go rotate". Why do you think the game has so few supports? sPVP has the most selfish playerbase I have ever seen, who have no core value of team work first. Ive ressed more people than you have probably killed this season, which is ironic, considering most of the time its due to over extend (especially WBs), thanks to forgving front loaded mechanics. You seen me play zerker weaver once, as spec that dies on the spot for the slightest overextention, and you wanne talk personal bs to get back at me for calling out specs? not individuals. That says everything about you. But it also says what I need to know about the "vets" in this game who will shamelessly abuse specs like DH pre-nerf, while admitting its a toxic newb slayer spec. Most people in this game have 0 sense of team work, and 0 sense of fair play. Just go unranked and see the amount of pre-made vet groups with rank anxiety (absolute chicken shits) hard sweating fotm specs and spawn camping solo newbs.

90% of my games are on support or support hybrid, specs that are not strong enough to 1v1 a competent plat level player, I avoid 1v1/sides unless it is manditory. I had over 300 games this season, got in plat once, was 2 games off plat last week, solo que as core rev on and off peak. Salty sure, feeder? no, get it right. I mightwell be a feeder around plat vets, thats probably true, but that kind of skill gap, we should never be in the same ranked game anyway.

U bad and sperg in mapchat in all ur games as i already said

• Confused 2

On 3/9/2024 at 1:37 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

You are next level rager in game. It's embarrassing. If you get so angry that you self admit to being toxic, then maybe just quit the game. It's beyond me how you haven't been banned yet.

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, Korendil.5934 said:

You are next level rager in game. It's embarrassing. If you get so angry that you self admit to being toxic, then maybe just quit the game. It's beyond me how you haven't been banned yet.

Ive been banned many times, I don't care, and I also don't care about being "toxic". Issue you don't get is, I am considered toxic by an ehco chamber of selfish gw2 sPVP players who lack any ethos of team work, players who actively play the most degenerate specs possible, duo, and off peak, to get an edge in a game where titles mean jack kitten. The same slightly above average to good players who defend the MMR while they abuse its loop holes, and then spend the rest of the time farming solo newbs at spawn in unranked; killing off the playerbase.. becuase they are too scared to lose rating in a game where again, titles mean jack kitten. Im pretty sure darkenss finds light toxic, its a matter of perspective.

Freedom of speach my friend, I will say what I want, when I want, you don't have to like it, and ANET can ban me if they want, its their product. Keep coping on toxic low level game play/mmr, or are you the exception?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2