Micro-stuttering and textures artefacts

Hello team Anet,

For the past 2 months I've noticed some issues, only in Guild Wars 2:

-I experience micro-stuttering, reduced when capping at 30fps.

-I experience artefacts, from black boxes appearing for a millisecond, even on the minimap, to textures leaking like when weapon swapping.

This is NOT happening in any other game, I've tried Red Dead Redemption 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider as examples to check.

I've done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to reduce micro-stuttering, even reinstalled windows on a formatted SSD. I've even checked my cables, tried with another graphic cards...

Here are my specs:

RTX 4600, Latest drivers or old ones that have the reputation to be very stable

Intel I7 6700K

Windows 10 Professional

16GB or RAM

165HZ monitor with G-SYNC. Dual monitors. I've tried with G-sync on and off.

I've tried overclocking and overvolting my GPU. I've tried every windows setting possible. Hardware acceleration on or off.

This is bothering me to no end. I've tried every option in the game, tried the lowest settings, windowed mode, full screen.

I hope this gets fixed soon because I play the game a lot and it reduces my will to play more in the future. :(

• Confused 1

There's been instances of what appear to be texture streaming issues when the servers are under high load.  It went away briefly and seems to have come back a bit after Anet fixed that fan glider skin that was causing players to randomly crash in WvW.

Micro-stuttering though can be related with your graphics settings, Windows interactions with drivers, etc.  Be careful with what drivers you are installing since there was known Nvidia DPC latency issues last year that can cause that.  Not clear if it's entirely been fixed.  The reason you may not see it in other games is due to the resource demand GW2's engine puts on your system that is unique to GW2.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1