Decoration Platforms in Guild Hall Not Compatible With Some Skills and AI

The recent update to guild halls that allow you to change your character's stats to those from different game modes has really revitalized the excitement of a lot of the members of my guild, as most of them are duelers/roamers at heart. Before the February 2020 competitive split we spent a ton of time dueling in the guild hall, and not being able to access WvW balance there had become a real bummer.

So I celebrated the update by going into the guild hall and going a little crazy with the decorating. I crafted a ton of those holographic racing platforms to build more fighting areas with, but while testing things out, we discovered that any skills that pathfind -- such as Shadowstep and Blink -- do not work on the platforms. I'm guessing that the pieces aren't navmeshed properly, because anything that uses AI, like illusions and pets and minis, also don't function properly.

Additionally, with the Holographic Track pieces (the glowing green ones), some abilities (like certain wells and necro marks) are invisible when placed on the platforms.

Would it be possible for ANet to go in and add navmeshing to decoration pieces?

Some classes are far more affected than others. We've started putting together a Fight Club based in our guild hall (open to players from all servers, though we're on NA so EU likely can't access it) so we'd love to be able to do some really interesting things with the terrain.

I have no doubt that it would be a huge undertaking, but if enough people and guilds were interested in taking advantage of the guild hall updates, maybe it will be worth it. Here's an extensive but likely not-quite-exhaustive list of affected skills. If anyone else decides to test this and finds more, please contribute to the thread.

Guardian
Crashing Courage - "No valid path to target"
Symbol of Blades - "No valid path to target"
Advancing Strike - "No valid path to target," but will still hit if enemy is within range, there's just no teleport
Flash Combo - "No valid path to target," but will still hit if enemy is within range, there's just no teleport
Judge's Intervention - "No valid path to target"
Mighty Blow - "No valid path to target"
Merciful Intervention - "No valid path to target"

Mesmer
Illusions cannot move
Blink - "No valid path to target"
Jaunt - "No valid path to target"
Illusionary Leap - "No valid path to target," but still creates the clone although you can't swap places
Phase Retreat - "No valid path to target," you basically teleport in place
Blade Leap - "No valid path to target" for the teleport, but the leap works
Axes of Symmetry - "No valid path to target," but teleport doesn't work and your movement is only a scoot forward
Illusionary Ambush - "No valid path to target," you basically teleport in place
Mirage Advance - "No valid path to target"

Necromancer
Minions cannot move
Summon Flesh Worm - "No valid path to target," you can't even place the worm
Sand Swell - "No valid path to target"

Revenant
Phase Traversal - "No valid path to target"
Darkrazor's Daring - "No valid path to target"
Razorclaw's Rage - "No valid path to target"
Icerazor's Ire - "No valid path to target"
Breakrazor's Bastion - "No valid path to target"
Soulcleave's Summit - "No valid path to target"

Elementalist
Lightning Flash - "No valid path to target"
Polaric Leap - "No valid path to target"

Thief
Steal - "No valid path to target"
All Spectre Wells - "No valid path to target"
Shadowstep - "No valid path to target"
Infiltrator's Strike - "No valid path to target"
Infiltrator's Arrow - "No valid path to target"
Infiltrator's Signet - "No valid path to target"
Shadow Shot - "No valid path to target"
Endless Night - "No valid path to target" but the attack still fires
Death's Retreat - "No valid path to target"
Shadow Swap - "No valid path to target"
Shadow Gust - "No valid path to target"
Shadow Flare - "No valid path to target"

Engineer
Jade Mech cannot move
Shift Signet - "No valid path to target"

Ranger
Pets cannot move
Unnatural Traversal - "No valid path to target"
Smoke Assault - "No valid path to target"
Phase Pounce (merged Soulbeast) - "No valid path to target" and "Obstructed"
Phase Pounce (Untamed unleashed) - No error, but pet doesn't move
Neurotoxin Burst - "No valid path to target"

Warrior
Flicker Step - "No valid path to target"

Edited by Overedge.2435
Formatting cleanup
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

While doing some more exploring of the Isle of Reflection during our first night of Fight Club, we discovered a few more locations on the Isle of Reflection itself that also seemed to be missing navmeshing, and we experienced the same "no valid path" errors there, and decided to map them out to add to this post. Here is an image of the locations we found on our first major run-through, and we'll continue to search for more. For the buildings indicated, it's the rooftops specifically where the errors occur.

https://imgur.com/a/Cpkyosq

Edited by Overedge.2435
Clarifying some information

• 2 months later...

Yeah 😕 it's an issue in WvW too ... seems to be a development issue that no one wants to tackle. Could be pretty tricky with dynamic terrain but with the new guild hall update I foresee a bunch of complaints ... like from me! I put so much effort into my arena and combat areas and it's not even worth fighting in. So sad

• Like 1