Macro Policy Clarifications

On 2/23/2024 at 2:23 AM, Enko.6123 said:

I am posting these questions to the forums as requested by a response from a support ticket.

The following examples are some use cases that I would like some clarification on.

Would a macro that follows these actions to extract a single item be allowed or is this considered multiple actions?
1. move mouse to item
2. hold left mouse button down
3. drag item to extract window
4. release left mouse button
5. move mouse to extract button
6. click extract button.

I have an extract macro that when I hit a button, it extracts whatever item my mouse is hovering over using the above sequence. Do these need to be separated into separate key presses to be compliant with your macro policy? Am I allowed to chain that process to extract multiple items or does it need to be a separate key for each item?

Is this considered exploitive to extract multiple items quickly as there is no Extract All option on the extractor?

edit: Besides the question of what is considered an action, is using the extractor on items to make extra profit on an item considered exploiting a game mechanic? This is being done since the masterwork item can be then sold or salvaged and the upgrade can then also be sold or salvaged. 

Another example would be a macro used to salvage exotics. Since there is no Salvage All function for exotics like there is for rares, the sequence would look like this:
1. Move mouse to silver fed salvage o matic
2. Double click  silver fed
3. Move mouse to item
4. Click item
5. Move mouse to confirm button
6. Click confirm button.

I have a salvage macro that when I hit a button, it salvages whatever item my mouse is hovering over using the above sequence. Do these need to be separated into separate key presses to be compliant with your macro policy? Am I allowed to chain that process to salvage multiple items or does it need to be a separate key for each item? Is this considered exploitive to salvage multiple exotics quickly as there is no Salvage All Exotics option on the salvage o matics?

The main question at hand is what's considered an "action" by the macro policy posted here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use. Are mouse movements considered an action or is the action that is occurring that an exotic was salvaged?

This has been a question running among the community for a while now which has led to what is an action being considered a grey area. 
As most players will probably agree, we are trying to avoid doing things that will result in actions against our accounts. 

What you describe here sounds more like a script, then a macro. When you let anything else then a person move cursor to item and use action on that item automatically it is by ArenaNets definition "automation".

A macro will only do a certain type of actions when a key have been pressed, not move cursor to item in your inventory.

As for Salvage you can activate "Use" (right click on Salvage kit) and it will be in Use mode - which make it possible to Salvage all Exotic without having to click on Salvage kit each time you would want to salvage again (as long you don't click on an empty slot or outside Character Inventory as that will disable Use mode for Salvage).

Just be careful so you will not by accident move cursor to an exotic item you would want to keep or sell.

• Like 1