Live Now: "The Realm of Dreams," Second Major Update for Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

Just a few thoughts regarding the story and map. First, Nyedra could have been just a little bigger. I know it's supposed to be in ruin and, judging by the theatre, a good chunk of it has been completely destroyed, but it doesn't quite feel like a town. Also the houses feel a bit small compared to the size of many of the Kryptis, which makes it seem like the buildings don't belong there. I do like the flesh like material used for many of the structures though, makes the buildings feel truely otherworldly.

Second, the story in this update felt underwhelming. (Except for the last part, that was pretty good) The specific part that stood out to me was when we were going after Labris. Nephus says at the beginning of this part that Labris would be sending a large amount of Kryptis but there were only like 20 or so to defeat before getting to her. In cases like this I would rather have a lot of weaker Kryptis rather than a few stronger ones. Then there is the Labris fight. I hoped this would have been a full on boss fight that would be turned into a strike mission. Maybe something like the Cold War strike where she sends tons of enemies out along with the Queen's Circle as mini bosses before facing off against Labris herself. Would have definitely made her capture more impactful.

I'm hoping that there are big plans for the next chapter! :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1