Toxic Negative Experience, of an otherwise standard game mode in most MMO's

Would love to hear other people's feedback, opinions, experiences.

My personal experience of match-making being a feature I love in most games has been lacklustre to say the least. Ignoring the set-up of inadequate games granted, whilst in the structured PVP games themselves, you have people auto-running up walls, as to why this is a feature full stop in PVP to auto-run seems to me obsolete. It encourages people to auto-pilot games literally, people should be encouraged to actively use their keyboards and engaged in fights. Quite literally the definition of PVP. People also exploit AFK lack of incentive or punishment, are immune to any wrong doing. And thus creates the tension/aggression for fellow team mates to just give up 2 minutes into the match, or people throwing in the towel and the match results being non indicative of skill or earning anything for ranks and rewards. IMO this firmly needs to change, such a shame for an introduction of a great game, with such a unique scape, but for certain exploits and game modes to be completely neglected and in-conclusive.

Any thoughts are welcome ! 

(Sorry for rant, just passionate) 

• Like 1

New here? 

If yes. Welcome to the Gw2 PvP experience. 

Most of the traditions you described are old enough to sit in school, frustrated about negative numbers being a thing. 

I hope you stay with us, see these traditions grow up and leave home one day, 😢 It will be a sad day indeed. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

I don't understand the reasoning here.

You're right, people don't get punished for their scumbaggery and that's really stupid. But the auto-run? An actual useful tool in a lot of situations (typing to team while you run to a node or whatever), that's your gripe? The thing that doesn't actually stop the inactivity kick, ie people actually input stuff to avoid the afk detection and boot?

That's really what we're taking aim at?

11 minutes ago, GigaChad Joe.7094 said:

Useful tool turned exploit, hence description. We are taking aim at the exploit of the tool function turned dysfunctional. And evidently it is hence post. Thanks for comment though

But... it's not though.
Literally, if you just press auto run and leave you will get booted. This is people actively either botting in some form (plenty of mouse software comes with macro functions now, or a drinky bird on the auto run keybind or whatever else) or actively sitting at the keyboard afking the match.

Evidently? No, you're just flat out wrong.

You're upset at something you should rightfully be mad about, but completely whiffing what causes and what enables it.

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

New here? 

If yes. Welcome to the Gw2 PvP experience. 

Most of the traditions you described are old enough to sit in school, frustrated about negative numbers being a thing. 

I hope you stay with us, see these traditions grow up and leave home one day, 😢 It will be a sad day indeed. 

Lovely comment, thank you. Returning player, didn't initially dive in head first time round. Now getting deeper and discovering functions or "dysfunction" along the way. Don't normally take to forums but here we are, I'm ticked. Wondering how others feel too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Bro, you're a Giga Chad...enough toxic should emanate from you that it would make Toxie the Toxic Avenger cry.  

It is a name that doesn't represent or affiliate character with my irl person. I am the opposite of gigachad irl, ironic name. Thanks for reading 

27 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

But... it's not though.
Literally, if you just press auto run and leave you will get booted. This is people actively either botting in some form (plenty of mouse software comes with macro functions now, or a drinky bird on the auto run keybind or whatever else) or actively sitting at the keyboard afking the match.

Evidently? No, you're just flat out wrong.

You're upset at something you should rightfully be mad about, but completely whiffing what causes and what enables it.

The player auto ran the starting wall in one place and no one apart from me reported it. GM said its being investigated and referred me onto the forums to disect the topic and gage others views to hopefully get the ball moving and learn. My "experience" as well stated in description was that feature made the "afker" successful in their attempt to look like they were participating. Maybe it was a one off, I dont know but that's what happened to me, perhaps a time limit on the auto-run feature?

Edited by GigaChad Joe.7094

9 hours ago, GigaChad Joe.7094 said:

I thank the adhd gods for you're undivided attention on my name via forums. Your teachers must love you. 

More just hitting the big red button as I see a giga chad venting and claiming to be a steve...

Anyway, you ran into a bot.  Could have been worse, there are bots that just auto-zerg mid and cost team games--only seen that a few times in unranked though.  I mean actual bots too not perma-bronze players that act like bots, 'call target' on you, ping the map 200 times a second, and still zerg mid 1v4.