Color mounts

So I actually spent gems to get a red chameleon mount.  Kind of dumb I guess but when I get on an alt it's green. So why isn't it red? I thought it was account bound. I guess that's what I get for thinking.   Thanks for you help ahead of time.

• Confused 1

Do you mean this one: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Veiled_Chameleon.jpg?

from the Lost Era set, currently in the store

I would guess that your alt had green colors set for whichever mount skin you had before, and those were applied to the chameleon when swapping to it. Check the mount dye channels for your alt vs. the character that has the red coloring, for example, to confirm.

• Like 1

I go to the mounts area and it shows both green and red but I just can't get it to stay red. I'll go to the dye are to try to change it , I thought that was just for armor.  Thanks I'll give that a try. Thanks. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, synk.6907 said:

Do you mean this one: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Veiled_Chameleon.jpg?

from the Lost Era set, currently in the store

I would guess that your alt had green colors set for whichever mount skin you had before, and those were applied to the chameleon when swapping to it. Check the mount dye channels for your alt vs. the character that has the red coloring, for example, to confirm.

Thanks, I see the dye for mounts now. I guess maybe I didn't need to by the mount just because it was red. Thanks I got it fixed.

• Like 1

For future reference all mount skins except the default ones have 4 dye channels, so any of them can be any colour/s you want. Having said that it's worth checking the Wiki or looking for previews because some have undyable parts (like the cannons on most siege turtles) and on a lot of them it can be hard to tell where the dye slots are from the default pattern.

• Like 1