PvP Rifle Mesmer Things

Vinny.7260

Just going to quickly spell out some things I noticed happening just from testing it out for a couple days:

Rifle 3 tends to disappear when clipping into an incline, making for a completely lost skill for 15 seconds.

Rifle Ambush doesn't heal allies when a clone casts it via Infinite Horizons; it does grant Vigor and deal damage however.

Feels great otherwise, especially on Chronomancer. Keep it around, it's a welcomed change to the meta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Rifle 3 tends to disappear when clipping into an incline, making for a completely lost skill for 15 seconds.

I noticed that too even managed to capture a video day one but I think it has to do with how projectiles are programmed. Many skills get lost on uneven terain like this ( warrior longbow, most warhorn spells on elementalist and so on) 

20 hours ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

I noticed that too even managed to capture a video day one but I think it has to do with how projectiles are programmed. Many skills get lost on uneven terain like this ( warrior longbow, most warhorn spells on elementalist and so on) 

I'd just like to see it not completely disappear and just turn into the roll-over skill if it runs into a wall. That'd be a nice lil QoL for the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I'd just like to see it not completely disappear and just turn into the roll-over skill if it runs into a wall. That'd be a nice lil QoL for the future.

I agree it's really jarring. You are being punished for bad game programming, skill to sustain people. It's also particularly inconsistent when the projectile gets destroyed and not. 

Another funky interaction is that can blast your other fields too. If you drop inspiring images and detonate it in well of eternity it will give you mass cleanse but due to the change of how fields and combos interact you can never blast someone else's field.

Journey should also have a blast finisher added to it imho

• Like 3