GW2skills.net

Does anyone know how actively the site is still being maintained and updated?

I know a lot of people probably use this tool for build crafting and sharing their builds, it is by far one of the best "build planners" for any game I have ever played. Good enough that I have donated to the upkeep in the past.

Now I know that it usually does take a few days or even a couple of weeks to get an update to the latest data revision, especially after a large balance patch. However, I noticed recently that the latest version on the site suggests that it hasn't been updated since the 12th of December 2023 and the latest news was on the 22nd (announcing the update to the December 12th skill balance). We've not only had further relatively significant skill balancing since then, but also the full addition of the new weapons too.

This means it has been almost three full months since there was any communication or update to the site, enough that it is actually out of date and is only about to get worse with the next skill balance just a few days away.

I really hope the developer hasn't lost interest or run out of funding to keep it updated.

• Like 1

I used this site alot and noticed a slowdown over the years. 

As far as I know, it is one person doing it. Maybe IRL problems?

Who knows, bro could be in the hospital after a car crash for all we know. 

But even without skill changes, the most important part was the gear, to get the correct stats. Which works regardless of the version. 

But still hope for an update soon. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That website is a total blessing. 

I even donated some money before. I hope everything is OK and we get an update soon. 

That's what I'm hoping for. Even if it's bad news.

It might just be some real life stuff taking time away from the project combined with the frequency of skill updates lately making it difficult.

Anything is just speculation at this point though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1