Staff WvW builds

Medusa.7346

Has anyone found a way to make staff work in WvW, for either roaming or zerg fights? In large-scale fights, staff looks like it'd be good with minstrels gear, but what about roaming? Any way to make our new weapon work? If anyone's got a build or some tips, I'd be very grateful.

7 hours ago, Medusa.7346 said:

Has anyone found a way to make staff work in WvW, for either roaming or zerg fights? In large-scale fights, staff looks like it'd be good with minstrels gear, but what about roaming? Any way to make our new weapon work? If anyone's got a build or some tips, I'd be very grateful.

I have two variants:

Core:  Staff & Axe/Mace (good CC along with a choice of large burst heal and some damage, or a good burst attack; both when at full adrenaline)
Spellbreaker:   Staff & Sword/Mace (since sword burst dmg isn't dependent on adrenaline bars)

I have found that core suits staff so well when you take the Str/Def lines along with Discipline, with the way I've built it.

The issue I have with spellbreaker is that it's largely dependent on being hit at the right time, and when an enemy player sees your full counter, they can just avoid engaging.
I don't have that issue with Core - It's entirely proactive.

I would love to go berserker, but the nerf to rampart splitter = epic MEH.