Serious Ping Issues

I live in Australia and seem to be experiencing packet loss out of nowhere for the last couple days. I know factually its not my internet: everything else I run and play that's not GW2 has been running perfectly fine all day, and hubs has been playing WoW with no issues either. I logged off this morning and logged back on tonight hoping that it stabilised but just went to Amnytas and it shot to 1k+ out of nowhere before I became hard d/c'd and crashed to desktop.

Dunno if its just me but throwing this up for anyone who might be OCE/SEA and suffering the same problem since reset-ish.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Same here, i live in Brazil and keep getting contant latency issues, they say its my isp and i need to use a vpn but i been playing this game since 2013 and this is the first time it happens, I play wvw and need to wait queues just to get in the map and disconect as soon as a enemy group aproaches.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

in singapore and im getting terrible ping as well. i can be chilling in an empty map like guild hall and still get 300-400 ping. in wvw its even worse, can jump into the thousands if I even go near a zerg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Singapore player in EU servers. Used to get 165 ping, now I am spiking so much that it's unplayable. Even with Mudfish VPN, I am getting 200 ping. Any SG players getting 190ms and below with WTFast/ Exitlag? Planning to subscribe to it. Can't free trial anymore cos I used free trial long ago

• Confused 1

I am from Singapore have been experiencing high pings (1k-5k) over the last 4 weeks.... its making gameplay really bad with constant skill lags... cant even do simple events and WvW.  All my other stuff have no issues with connectivity. Anet pls get a better provider...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Revenant.2930 said:

Singapore player in EU servers. Used to get 165 ping, now I am spiking so much that it's unplayable. Even with Mudfish VPN, I am getting 200 ping. Any SG players getting 190ms and below with WTFast/ Exitlag? Planning to subscribe to it. Can't free trial anymore cos I used free trial long ago

wow i thought SG players get better ping on NA rather than EU.

Good (but bad) to hear similar reports.

SG player here on NA servers, ping has always been 100-200, playable, but in the last 2 weeks it's been spiking to the range of 300-1,000.

Makes sPVP almost unplayable as enemy players just disappear then teleport next to me casting skills, no way to block/reflect in time because I don't even see them coming.

Apparently they see me perfectly fine though.

Was just about to experiment with a transfer to an EU server but it doesn't seem any better.

• Like 2

same here in Philippines, my normal ping should be 160-180 but these past few days im hitting 200-500 even im alone
tried to play other game that is EU based, not experiencing those 500 pings

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silvire.6540 said:

Good (but bad) to hear similar reports.

SG player here on NA servers, ping has always been 100-200, playable, but in the last 2 weeks it's been spiking to the range of 300-1,000.

Makes sPVP almost unplayable as enemy players just disappear then teleport next to me casting skills, no way to block/reflect in time because I don't even see them coming.

Apparently they see me perfectly fine though.

Was just about to experiment with a transfer to an EU server but it doesn't seem any better.

oh another SEA player, i get 250 ping on NA while 160 on EU server
also less disconnections especially on holidays

Most Asian players are on EU anyway

On 4/25/2024 at 1:54 AM, Revenant.2930 said:

Im indonesia player, with exitlag i normally get 235. Rarely 198. I have only been using it for 3 days though

Edited by Titip Aja Shay.7136

Same for me. SG player. Starhub.

WVW Ping quite normal at 9am SGT to around 12 pm SGT. (100 to 200) .. Working hours.. GREAT how to play.

5pm SGT to 12 AM SGT, that's when the crazy lag occurs (1000 plus.. and you basically hang there for 5 10 mins and it will kick you out). It never occur when you are alone, it only happens when the Zerg comes to you.  

Basically I feel like WvW lost the MMORPG element during these timings.. It forces you to play alone and avoiding every Zerg you see..

Sounds like it an issue with a node, data center, or backbone between you all and Anets servers! Run a ping path and report the findings to your isp, they can forward the issue to the effected node data center or backbone service provider! Remember when the ping path gets to the final destination ping will shoot up really high that's the servers blocking the ping request for security reasons! If Anet is having any issues they fairly quick to post they are aware of an issue and are working on it! It just not Anet its all online gaming, ping, lag and internet issues are the number one complaint on any online games support forums! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 9:49 PM, Feirlista Xv.1425 said:

Sounds like it an issue with a node, data center, or backbone between you all and Anets servers! Run a ping path and report the findings to your isp, they can forward the issue to the effected node data center or backbone service provider! Remember when the ping path gets to the final destination ping will shoot up really high that's the servers blocking the ping request for security reasons! If Anet is having any issues they fairly quick to post they are aware of an issue and are working on it! It just not Anet its all online gaming, ping, lag and internet issues are the number one complaint on any online games support forums! 

Nah, nothing else lags like GW2 (2k-3k ping sometimes), especially in WvW. Sure, ISPs may be able to do something about it, but they won't. I know. I've tried asking a few times. How many people play GW2? If this was Valorant, yeah, maybe they will look into it. But not for this game.

From what I've pieced together, Amazon servers have really kitten downstream providers. That is something Anet can probably do something about, even if it's asking Amazon to do something about it. There's a far bigger chance for Anet to do something about their game than for ISPs to do something about a game that's not popular.

ANET. PLEASE. FIX. THE. TERRIBLE. LAG.

Edited by aelflune.8590
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I'm in SEA, I think maybe it's about server loading?

Normal ping for me is around 200-250ms( which is still playable for me), sometimes when doing meta, mostly TEQ, with many ppl, ping will go up to over 2k even 4k, at first I thought it is caused by my pc but no fps drop, and when I turned around to where no one will be shown in my screen, the ping is still over 2k or 4k, which means it is not caused by too many ppl/objects/data needed to process by my pc or my network. And when the meta ends, ping dropped back to 200ms immediately, I think maybe is when too many ppl in map, server loading is too high to respond to everyone, maybe some ppl with higher ping will have lower priority to be respond by server? and when some ppl left the map, server loading decreased so server cound respond my connection normally?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

in past 1-2 month (especially after SAB patch!!!)

always lagging for chat and LFG

and code error 42 getting frequent its very annoying

usually no problem even ping 200-300 i still ok but if 400++ its unplayable

Edited by werefrog.4019
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

state_server_wait then disconnect. Can't even load maps here for the past week. Sometimes heavy lag, sometimes fine once the map loads (rarely).

SEA here. Few guild members mentioned VPN actually helps, haven't tried myself.

What is the problem here? Haven't had this problem before.

EDIT: Forgot to mention on NA server.

Edited by phandaria.4891
Missing info

On 5/10/2024 at 12:16 AM, Morgoth Bauglyr.9726 said:

EU player on US servers, since monday my ping went from the usual 120ms to 300-800ms with disconnects happening at random intervals.
Other games with US servers work normally

Ping has been ok over the weekend, but it getting erratic again today with spikes going up to 1000ms

NA player on US server (SG player).

Ping has been a huge issue since SAB patch. I was having 220-230ms before patch. After SAB patch, my ping was anywhere from 358-4000+ ping.

What is going on with the server?

All other games are fine (ping is the same) except for GW2.

Please fix the server Anet.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, phandaria.4891 said:

state_server_wait then disconnect. Can't even load maps here for the past week. Sometimes heavy lag, sometimes fine once the map loads (rarely).

SEA here. Few guild members mentioned VPN actually helps, haven't tried myself.

What is the problem here? Haven't had this problem before.

VPN worked for a short while for me. I think it depends on the routing and it may add a latency issue as well.

Maybe if we make enough noise, Anet will take notice, but I'm not optimistic. I've just given up on playing during a 3-hour SEA "prime time" period in the evenings.

• Sad 1

Okay this is getting too much. Since SAB it seems SEA players have been seriously affected. Hopefully the next update fixes the issues. Just trying to do my dailies is frustrating. Imagine WvW or PvP. I'm trying to be patient but there's a limit. 

• Haha 1