Vindi still gigachad at PvE and OW is his female dog...

Buran.3796

Last week a large patch arrived and Vindicator's Imperial Impact got nerfed.

Some people eagerly claimed how it would destroy the OW PvE celestial build with 0 test to suport those statements, including Teapot (which loves to mock poeple every time nerfs arrives), and Nike DNT which made  a Herald OW PvE video portraying a guide for the same Herald build Hizen showcased 6 months ago (only with different sigils) in which said "The last patch killed the most solo OP open world build which has ever existed, the celestial Vindicator, while we are forced to say RIP to the greatest of all time there's no need to despair tho since the gear would be transfereable to the second best the original OW got tier Herald which is now better than ever". He also said "The changes of Imperial Impact more or less kills the build for solo environment since no longer has perananet uptime for every boon besides alacrity".

While the Herald is certainly in good form and a challenger for the top place that spec didn't get affected by the balance at all so nothing changed (albeit He's comparing it to his previous build and not the one from Hizen). Is not better, at most is the same, and in my opinion the nerf to Imperial Impact barely affected the performance of the PvE cele Vindicator which is not only a powerhouse but probably still the top dog. I expressed that Vindi gameplay didn't changed at all, and the loss of some seconds of boons won't affect it too much, since its main card is the tankyness, not the damage, and Vindi still has better cleanses, mobility and evades than Herald, while Herald has only a bit more damage and better cc. His time with Herald against the Mordrem Vinetooth was 47" while mine with Vindi was 55" so ~20% slower but that comparing a good player with rotations and food and ofensive sigils vs a mediocre players with defensive sigils and cheapo meals; I guessed than at equal skill damage difference would be lower than 10% and Vindi survability would be way better. Then I was called dismal and cele Vindi a shadow of its former self.

Last days I've played a bit the dismal cele Vindicator, a shadow of the former self. Pretty much levels all PvE content as before, including Hero Points, Tyria Bounties, and now I'm doing PoF/S4 bounties/legendary bounties with no problem (I'll upload more videos from desert bounties in the future). Meanwhile, Hizen did release a video reviewing the patch changes stating that cele Vindi remains prety much the same gigachad. So, recaping: patch arrives, people make some statements without fundations, I make allegations, provide evidence, they go radio silent/refuse to deal with it. That's called dogmatism; staying in your lines, because you've already have formed an opinion and won't change it just because doesn't fit with the reality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3