Is there a reason to play Mirage when Virtuoso & Chrono exist?

MilkyTea.9042

All the "dueling" and "non pve spec" is massive cope, we play mirrage not because it performs better than other elite specs(or even core for that matter) but because it is fun to play with.

Just look at the traitlines, it's biggest mess gw2 ever seen, synergies non existant and effects more laughable with every patch, traitlines such as speed of sand being worst grandmaster non selectable traitlines in the game, stop the cope, just accept that its bottom of the barrel spec locked in clown cage alongside bladesworn instead of being some strong niche 300iq spec. After recent humiliation with dune cloak rework it lost its only superiority cope in mesmer hierarchy tree(cloak was prioritizing stab strip).

I love my mirage, it really makes game fun, but it underperforms against other mesmers(including core) in damage, sustain, utility.. only outperforms in alac dispension while jailed in staff/staff autopilot. 

Inb4 muh golem benchmarks show it can reach #10 in 400 perfect step rotation and just slightly underperform afk virt.

Cope, cope never changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 4/26/2024 at 11:13 PM, Triptaminas.4789 said:

All the "dueling" and "non pve spec" is massive cope, we play mirrage not because it performs better than other elite specs(or even core for that matter) but because it is fun to play with.

Just look at the traitlines, it's biggest mess gw2 ever seen, synergies non existant and effects more laughable with every patch, traitlines such as speed of sand being worst grandmaster non selectable traitlines in the game, stop the cope, just accept that its bottom of the barrel spec locked in clown cage alongside bladesworn instead of being some strong niche 300iq spec. After recent humiliation with dune cloak rework it lost its only superiority cope in mesmer hierarchy tree(cloak was prioritizing stab strip).

I love my mirage, it really makes game fun, but it underperforms against other mesmers(including core) in damage, sustain, utility.. only outperforms in alac dispension while jailed in staff/staff autopilot. 

Inb4 muh golem benchmarks show it can reach #10 in 400 perfect step rotation and just slightly underperform afk virt.

Cope, cope never changes.

Wouldn't have said better myself.

Mirage is a dead spec with no one on the dev side of things to vouch for. Is a spec trapped between two powerhouses in Chrono and Virt, doing their job but being  harder to play for worse results. They have trapped one of the coolest specs in the game on the vicious cycle of being bad (either for the jankiness, clunkiness or lack of numbers for the effort put into it)>nobody plays it because is bad>no reason to waste dev time on it because nobody plays it.

Will i still play it? Yeah, i don't like myself enough to embrace it will never get addressed as a real spec in the game and change to a real one.

Also, just checked the benchmarks, Virtuoso actually surpassed Mirage, we just keep losing mirabros.

Edited by Geronmy.3298
benchmark stuff
  • Like 1

Yes it has laser plus its actually fun virtuoso keeps me entertained like maybe 30 minutes or hour at max and chrono i never liked at all.

Personally i play what i find fun over something that is deemed "meta".

• Like 1

I'll say this: Since Weapon Master Training unclipped all the weapons we have, Mirage has become my most played spec.

I'm not generally an aggressive player. It's why I don't pvp; I'm not generally competetive and I don't have that drive. However, Mirage with a dagger is something else. My build is nothing special. I just focus on maximum vigor so I can use Mirage Cloak as much as possible and to that end I have made something horrifying. The thinking is simple: Phantom Razor lets you throw three daggers at your target at a range of 1200. Infinite Horizon means your clones can do it too. That means that with 3 clones out, every time you mantle up and throw knives you are hitting your target with TWELVE knives. That's bad enough, but it gets SO much worse. Firstly, you can do that twice in a row, so we're up to 24. While you're waiting for your endurance to refill, fill the gaps with Crystal Sands (36 knives), dodge again (48 knives), then Illusionary Ambush (60 knives), and dodge again (72 knives). Against a single target, and mind you I'm wearing celestial gear, it is DEVASTATING, plus you're invulnerable most of the time as you're always in Mirage Cloak. And then it gets worse.

I carry a focus, because the phantasm throws axes and mirages use axes; I'm a sucker for thematics. But the focus has Temporal Curtain which is a good skill but more importantly it's a dual skill. Following that you have Into the Void, which pulls 5 targets together at a single point. Did I mention yet that Phantom Razor pierces? Because Phantom Razor pierces. So Into the Void, followed up with an Unstable Bladestorm just to really drive in the idea that they're in a blender, and then hit them with up to 72 knives TIMES FIVE TARGETS. It's unrealistic to expect every one to hit but hypothetically we're talking about the potential to deliver THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY STRIKES in the span of only a handful of seconds. It is obscenely aggressive and undeniably a blast to play that I keep finding myself going back to it when I don't even have a legendary dagger yet. This build has trumped my love of my other legendary weapons and I absolutely recommend you try it at least once.

• Like 2