Combo Field and Finishers

What is realty odd is the way anet adds in combo effects for classes then removes them over and over. Look at what scraper has atm the ability to blast for fury and might on any field after anet removed the ability for ele to get fury from blasting only fire fields. Its all very confusing what anet wants from combos. I say just make some very strong rules about what fields an class can out put (eng can do too many different ones) and some hard rules on the added effect for each given class (there is room for classes to have an favorite combo type but in no way should an class not have some benefit from doing that favorite combo type.)

On 4/5/2024 at 1:23 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

The combo mechanic is a nice idea but, unfortunately, it lack both consitency and support from the traitlines.

Personally I would first streamline the base effects:

• Projectile/whirl finisher applying a condition based on the field.
  • Blast finisher applying a boon based on the field.
  • Leap finisher granting an aura based on the field (with auras all brought down to the level of fire aura)

Then create a variety of traits to support the base effects like elementalist does with auras.

• Life drain on projectile/whirl finisher (thematically fitting for necromancer/thief/revenant)
  • Healing on blast (Engineer used to have it, but this is also thematically fitting for elementalist/ranger/guardian)
  • Additional condition for projectile/whirl finisher (Fire magic could have a trait that add a burn, Air magic a trait that add confusion, Earth magic a trait that add bleed, Water magic a trait that add vulnerability/chill, Death magic a trait that add poison, Harbinger/Scourge traitline a trait that add torment, Duelist traitline a trait that add confusion... etc.)
  • Additional boon/conditions on blast (More might for warrior, a blind for guardian, something based on the legend used for revenant... etc.)
  • Effects on aura gain for professions that aren't elementalist (A revolutionary idea, right?)
  • ... etc.

All of those are suitable for both minor trait and major traits based on the profession. Obviously it shouldn't be "easy" to stack to many such trait in a build.

Total Garbage and i realy realy hope nothing like this gets added to the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Whirl finishers are a bit frustrating, they are useless and a bit silly most of the times, since it's directions are random.

They would be optimal if they could find a target, for instance:

-Offensive Bolts goes to nearby enemy

-Support Bolts goes to nearby allies

Stand in hit box.

Win!

18 hours ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Whirl finishers are a bit frustrating, they are useless and a bit silly most of the times, since it's directions are random.

They would be optimal if they could find a target, for instance:

-Offensive Bolts goes to nearby enemy

-Support Bolts goes to nearby allies

What if they make whirl an pulsing aoe effect that hits say 3-5 targets during the spin. So kind of like an blast but "weaker" with longer duration (mind you i want to see blast get an stronger effect in an burst.) Example whirling on light field will be an aoe condi clear 1 aoe condi arond the "spiner" the longer the whirl the more condi clears over time (the blast should be 3 condis not 1.)

I would like to see projectiles to have an effect on the caster and the target hit by the skill but they should be the weakest.

Over all i want to see these combo types have more control over there effect much like blast and leap has atm.