Jump to specific chapters hidden by "..."

Hi,

Pictures tell a thousand words so I'm going to use them to help explain the question I asked in my current guild and got an idiot replying (Yes, you Lord Remize. You arrogant git) rather than trying to be helpful, tried to be insultful.

Anyway, enough of the rant. Let us take the following scenario I've done up to a specific chapter in SOTO on another toon and found I didn't enjoy the experience with said toon, so I did what most would do, I have an alt, that I wanted to try to continue the story with. I asked a simple question if I've got to X chapter in SOTO with X toon (all my toons are the same race) is it possible to jump to the chapter that I stopped at on toon 1? I was rightly told to open the story journal. The issue lies in that when I open the story journal on toon two I often see 3. Mother of Stars followed by "..." (see picture titled SOTO story journal below) then jumps to 11. Duress. It so happens that I changed to an alt while doing a chapter that's hidden under said "...", how would I go about expanding that section as seen in the image? I find the story up to and including opening the Wizards Tower tedious! And I've done it four times now. I honestly can say,  that I really don't enjoy doing it. I'd like to continue the SOTO story but, jump to where I left toon 1.

SOTO story journal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Story Episodes are character-specific; you can't play the next Chapter of a different character's story progress.

I think the ellipsis will be removed as each Chapter is completed.  The reason for later Chapters showing up (Duress, etc.) is that those were the first Chapters for that Release. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal#Secrets_of_the_Obscure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I suspect this problem is going to keep coming up. The separation between story steps which have to be played in order and ones you could skip ahead to used to be clear when the stand-alone releases following an expansion where Living World episodes. Now they're grouped as part of the expansion story it just looks odd.

It's not helped by the fact that there's also a bug that keeps coming up where the dots appear in incorrect places. (I also keep getting one where the prologue appears again at the end.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2