3rd scion of glint?

when u play the mission "Dragon's lair" in Guildwars 1... there are 3 dragon eggs... first one could be vlast, second aurene, and the  3rd a mystery dragon?

or when we fight glint for the bonus objective, did the main character steal the 3rd dragon egg and did something with it?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

In GW1, there's about 23 eggs visible.

But in Season 2, Ogden says the egg we're after (Aurene's) is the last egg intact.

Pact Commander: I saw the Master of Peace take an egg.
Ogden Stonehealer: The last one intact. It's been in stasis since her death.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Arcana

This means that somehow the other eggs got destroyed over the 250 year timespan. Most likely it happened during Eye of the North, when the destroyers raided Glint's Lair to attack baby Vlast. And no, it's not the last intact because others hatched, as the Exalted confirmed in Season 3, Aurene is the second scion:

Ruka the Wanderer: Yes, most okay! It's hatching, Commander. Glint's second scion will soon be here.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Vigil

While they certainly could have written in a third dragon that Ogden and Ruka were unaware of, with the dragon saga over... the point of it is rather over. Especially since they killed off Vlast just for funsies.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Thanks 1

Given that it was possible to get into Glints Lair by normal people in Gw1 and the eggs being giant gem stones (if you don't know any better), I could absolutely see more stealing attempts happening over the years. 

There could totally be an egg somewhere that serves as decorations. 

Posted (edited)

i was just curious of the fact that they made 3 interactable egg items.. not one, not two, but three interactable egg items and u can take 3 eggs from that(one per each interactable egg).. and u cant take any more than 3.. got me curious.. maybe thought i missed some lore about a 3rd scion and he could be dead b4 he hatched or something..

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

On 4/9/2024 at 12:48 PM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

i was just curious of the fact that they made 3 interactable egg items.. not one, not two, but three interactable egg items and u can take 3 eggs from that(one per each interactable egg).. and u cant take any more than 3.. got me curious.. maybe thought i missed some lore about a 3rd scion and he could be dead b4 he hatched or something..

Do keep in mind that GW2 wasn't even a twinkle in the devs eye when they were making Prophecies. Even Eye of the North wasn't planned out in any stretch and what existed of Nightfall basically was "there is a continent named Elona where Turai Ossa defeated a lich named Palawa Joko before making a pilgrimage with a bunch of people to the Crystal Desert". This isn't hyperbolic either, but is a paraphrasing of Jeff Grubb's own words that Nightfall had very little to it, only a few sentences that they built off of.

The amount of interactible items in the dungeon being close to how many scions lived in GW2 is pure coincidence at worst and retroactive consideration at best.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Thanks 3