Cheat detection in gw2?

I was playing a game of overwatch the other day. One match came to an abrupt end when a message popped up about someone cheating. Me and my friend watched the game over again and it was the enemy sojourn who was aim botting. 

I'm wondering if anet has any kind of anti cheat/ script system in there code to prevent people from using elitepvpers cheats and hacks. I really hope they do. Otherwise there's no way to stop these kinds of things in this game. Other then updates that make the program maybe not work, some kind of something needs to be implemented. And updates happen ever 6 months to a year. So there efforts are ineffective.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I'm wondering if anet has any kind of anti cheat/ script system in there code to prevent people from using elitepvpers cheats and hacks. I really hope they do. 

No they dont. They did update the TOS recently. Which for the most part they can monitor things from you more when you run the game

Edited by Endorphin.9147
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I was playing a game of overwatch the other day. One match came to an abrupt end when a message popped up about someone cheating. Me and my friend watched the game over again and it was the enemy sojourn who was aim botting. 

I'm wondering if anet has any kind of anti cheat/ script system in there code to prevent people from using elitepvpers cheats and hacks. I really hope they do. Otherwise there's no way to stop these kinds of things in this game. Other then updates that make the program maybe not work, some kind of something needs to be implemented. And updates happen ever 6 months to a year. So there efforts are ineffective.

They did at one point but it was so invasive and created false-positives that people were getting banned who weren't using any form of third-party program.

With everything but movement on the server side, there's not much to detect other than teleporting.  Any exploits are largely due to finding bugs.

• Thanks 1