Reconsidering Energy Expulsion (WvW)

Can we please take another look at the latest balance pass for Ventari out in WvW. It really didn't feel like well thought-out balance decision, more like a rocket powered sledge hammer to completely remove a skill from the field. 

• Energy Expulsion: Lowered the stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in WvW only. Increased the cooldown from 2 seconds to 15 seconds in WvW only.
  • Serene Rejuvenation: Reduced the Energy Expulsion resistance duration from 4 seconds to 2.5 seconds in WvW only.

In my opinion, this was complete overkill. I understand the overall goal was to remove stab spam from the boon-ball. (Or at least whatever beats Roy's Boon-ball guild.) But could we have maybe taken this approach in steps rather than jumping off a cliff. The 15s cooldown is ridiculous. A 750% increase in cooldown on top of duration nerfs... doesn't the cooldown increase already take care of the boon uptime? Why the double nerf? I know that balancing low cooldowns with energy costs haven't worked out for Rev in the long run, and that it's easier to slap a cooldown on it and call it a day, but 15s? Really? Rev typically runs in 10s cycles in fast pace fights. AKA swapping legends off cooldown. If I use Energy Expulsion right before I swap out of Ventari, it wont even be up when I swap back into Ventari. Ruins the flow of the class. Energy costs should weigh into some of the cooldown. 35e is a 7s cooldown already. 

That said this is some of my ideas I list here for the devs to ignore...

• 5s cooldown to Energy Expulsion with the nerfed boon durations. This keeps it close to the 35e/7s cooldown while not letting it be spammed when stocking up energy or when running charged mists.
  • 10s cooldown to Energy Expulsion with the old un-nerfed boon durations. Still keeps meaningful boons on a longer cooldown. Doesn't feel as bad and will always be up when swapping into Ventari.
  • 2s cooldown to Energy Expulsion but remove the stab and keep the nerfed duration on the resistance. Keeps its old cooldown, keeps a thematic defensive boon, but loses stab that really didn't belong on Ventari. In addition make Purifying Essence into a stunbreak (finally). 

None of these will happen, I'm well aware. They'll keep it a completely dead skill and sweep it under the rug. I have a better chance waiting for the 4th rework of Ventari in 2057 to make the skill good again than them reverting a balance change.

Thanks for reading my rant....

Edited by UncreativeGreen.2019
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:
  •  
  • 5s cooldown to Energy Expulsion with the nerfed boon durations. This keeps it close to the 35e/7s cooldown while not letting it be spammed when stocking up energy or when running charged mists.

This one looks most balanced for WvW

• Like 1