Dual pistol WvW roaming

Icarus.4507

• Icarus.4507 changed the title to Dual pistol WvW roaming
On 4/21/2024 at 7:52 AM, Icarus.4507 said:

Has anyone had any luck with a roaming build for dual pistols in WvW? I'm looking for something survivable ideally.

(WvW & PvP)
I've seen quite a few guards being successful with P/P... or some variation of Sword + Pistols and Pistols + X, in WvW roaming. I can't exactly say it's a "survivable" build. It's mostly used as a +1 burst build similar to how burst WB is in sPvP. You'll surprise a lot of players because you're essentially an all burst build, utilizing Judges Intervention + Whirling Light on the spec. You may even 1v2 a few people. Flash Combo is also, awesome to use and has basically become meta since the buff to it.

I will say though, most guards are using Pistols for Power instead of Condi.
Condi gets countered too easily buuuut that's not to say you can't still 'not' have fun when running condi pistols while roaming. That's entirely up to you but, Condi WB Roaming will be 100% non-meta. It can still be a fun roaming build when doing camps and what nots. You CAN win some 1v1's just not most of them....

(Willbender WvW)
I like running nearly 100% Dragons on my armor and trinket. Being anywhere near 80% crit chance without food/utility buffs and without map buffs. That's the ballpark where you want to be.
So, I like running [Pistol - Sword / Sword - Pistol], but it honestly depends on how YOU like to run Guardian. Some can't leave Greatsword even if their mamma yells at them. That's fine, you can run Greatsword if you like. Or Mace/shield (ew heathen). That's OK.... You just have to decide which weaponset give you... your worth.

The absolute best way to run main-hand Pistols + X and X + Offhand-pistols is to play at a distance, utilizing what you can do from mid-range. Engage with F1/F3/Whirling Light.
Pistol#3 is 100% a cleaving weapon. If you run sword+X and Pistol+x, you can literally stack sword#2 and Pistol#3 + Whirling Light and dish out an insane amount of condi damage on cleave. Because every hit will cause burns unlike Purging Flames. A lot of Guards don't realize that Pistol#3 is basically [Purging Flames] on crack. It's soooo good when cleaving.