Bunkers and Support are way overtuned

Playing against 2 bunkers and a support essentially makes the match a -3v5. When it takes 3 people to take out a bunker and 2 people to take out a support. I came back to this game in November after a five year break and came to terms with the block spam and evade spam essentially tuning my build to deal with it. But as a condi mesmer theres nothing I can do against spellbreakers or druids when every skill they use cleanses. And what was anet thinking giving support mesmers an 8 second block and 8 seconds of invuln? Its just not fun to play against. The weapon proficiency mastery has allowed certain classes to become unkillable while simultaneously letting them take half your health with one skill. It seems like every class has this mechanic while they're evading during a burst which is unacceptable. Idk if I'm just jaded from weekend queueing because my normal 80-90% winrate plummets to 25% but I'm seriously considering shelving this game. Rewards are asinine during loss streaks making gameplay extremely discouraging. Something really needs to be done about all these builds with baked in condi clear and stability with weapons and utilities that spam block, evade, and invuln. Its not fun to play against and basically guarentees imbalance. One bunker essentially makes the game a 2v4, two bunkers make it a -1v3, and a support make it a -3v2. Finally, their playstyle is just so god kitten toxic. They'll get 3 people on them and just run in circles around a point LOSing and full healing while the rest of their team has an easy 2v4 to ransack the map. It's literally troll behavior.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They can't be everywhere--when you see that amount of bunker/support need to run more DPS and sidenode.  

This happened to me other game, core guard, chrono bunker, and scourge all just camping mid like a picnic.  Took far with one other person, and the other people dying at mid  respawn and kept home occupied--we won like 300-500.  I can't even remember if we had a support tbh.  

This was coliseum too, so when scourge or core guard come over to recap far, they lose control of mid and can't catch me as I like to play super adventure box on that map.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They can't be everywhere--when you see that amount of bunker/support need to run more DPS and sidenode.  

This happened to me other game, core guard, chrono bunker, and scourge all just camping mid like a picnic.  Took far with one other person, and the other people dying at mid  respawn and kept home occupied--we won like 300-500.  I can't even remember if we had a support tbh.  

This was coliseum too, so when scourge or core guard come over to recap far, they lose control of mid and can't catch me as I like to play super adventure box on that map.  

You got lucky that they decided to camp mid. Im not saying I've never won a game against these comps, but I regularly run into situations where theres a spellbreaker on home (which takes 3 to kill), a druid on far (which takes 3 to kill), and a shield/ invuln abusing mes on mid (which takes 2 to kill). Blocking and spamming evade should prevent point capture because these mechanics are honestly super toxic.

2 hours ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

You got lucky that they decided to camp mid. 

Again, they can't be everywhere.  They camped mid until they were losing on points from not having the sides, then spread out too late and couldn't stop me from harassing the node so they also could not go back mid, and eventually lost.

If three people can perma cap three nodes from five people, chances are they should win as they'd win on any build.  If they switch to burst, they'd just end up spawn camping you. 

I am one of those that will kite a point to keep people distracted, as that's how I find best success in winning without resorting to duo q.  I don't think this is a class balance issue but rather one of points for kills not mattering as much as say if they were +10 or +15 instead of +5.  Right now, the way the node capture mechanic works, fighting without a purpose is just asking to lose even if it does seem trolly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All i gotta say is. I remember playing against some mirages with insane amount of daze Spam ...... and with insane i actually mean they where even able to daze me though a stability skill like balanced Stance. Maybe just maybe you should overthink your build and try something else xd

2 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

But this is something that is not too good do able as warr sadly

Isnt it funny, how you can slot Berserker amulet, and are still considered a bunker?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1