How to get the buff "Purified Scale of [Name of a Dragon] Activated"

Yeah, for the "Memories of X"-achievement you have to earn "Fragmented Elder Dragon Memories" while under the "Purified Scale of [Name of a Dragon] Activated"-effect.

How do I activate these effects?

Wiki doesn't help, Youtube doesn't help, Google doesn't help.

Hope your are better :)!

• Confused 1

So we assume you've purchased the scales from Leivas for your chose variant, and from there start completing the collection.  The effect will automatically be there for the step of collecting the Memories, and it only works in relevant areas for each dragon.  For example ...

Edited by Farohna.6247
Error in information

5 hours ago, Lucullus.6042 said:

Yeah, for the "Memories of X"-achievement you have to earn "Fragmented Elder Dragon Memories" while under the "Purified Scale of [Name of a Dragon] Activated"-effect.

How do I activate these effects?

Wiki doesn't help, Youtube doesn't help, Google doesn't help.

Hope your are better :)!

You don't specify which of the variants you are working on, but as Farohna said above I'm going to assume you've already purchased the 4 scales, combined them, and done the next step of purifying the scale (each variant will have you fighting a different world boss; for example if you're after the Kralkatorrik variant you'd need to defeat the Wrathbringer in Thunderhead Peaks, Jormag variant you'd need to defeat the Claw of Jormag in either Frostgorge Sound or Drizzlewood Coast, Primordius variant you'd need to defeat the Megadestroyer in Mount Maelstrom). Once you've gotten the purified scale you'll need to do events in a specific area to earn the fragments for the next step. As you pointed out the wiki is lacking in this information, and unfortunately I can only offer suggestions based on the 3 variants I've worked on. For Kralkatorrik variant memory fragments, I did events in Dragonfall (the meta and the bosses afterwards yield a LOT of fragments). For Jormag variant, doing events in Drizzlewood Coast yields fragments. For Primordius variant, doing events in Draconis Mons/Ember Bay yields fragments.

EDIT: I forgot about this page on the wiki, which gives a list of where to collect the various memory fragments: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragmented_Elder_Dragon_Memory

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

After the 250, you get the completed one for that step.  Btw, you can buy them on the TP if you really hate farming them. 

Are you confusing Memories of Aurene for the memory fragments? The memory fragments are not a physical item but only count towards the achievement and cannot be bought on the Trading Post.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Are you confusing Memories of Aurene for the memory fragments? The memory fragments are not a physical item but only count towards the achievement and cannot be bought on the Trading Post.

Oh no, yes I am confusing them.  Thanks for the correction, I haven't crafted one of the alternate skins in a while.  I removed that last bit from my post, thanks.

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Oh no, yes I am confusing them.  Thanks for the correction, I haven't crafted one of the alternate skins in a while.  I removed that last bit from my post, thanks.

Not gonna lie I wish you were correct though!! Buying them would've been so much easier, especially when working on the Primordius variant!

• Like 1