New cheeves tracking matches differently . . ?

I just hit 150 engi wins in the new 'Profession Achievements' category, so I'm at 150 of 500/1000/1500 respectively for the Legendary/Ultimate/Fabled Genius cheeves. Yay me, another ten years and maybe I'll get halfway to the first one ; p

But what made me curious was that for the older Champion Genius cheeve in the 'PvP Conqueror' category I'm at 148/150. They both say they're tracking 'rated' unranked and ranked games, and I only play unranked, once a day for dailies. So what would be causing those numbers to be different? Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see any other threads about it . . .

Probably something to do with it considering matches different based on old historical ones.
Both unranked and ranked use matchmaking systems, which have matchmaking rating, so they're all considered "rated" in a way that's separate from the ranked mode.

Possibly, but to me it seems like it would be the newer cheeve missing some old matches, not the other way around . . .

And I don't have anything to compare it to either. I have one guardian win, and all the other classes are either at 150 or zero, so the original cheeves aren't tracking them anymore or have nothing to track . . .

I wish I'd noticed earlier but I didn't really pay any attn to the new cheeves until one ticked over today . . .