Are point values for wins and losses different for this season? (PVP season 41)

I am a G3-P1 player who both solo and duo queues. Normally, unless in plat and duoing with someone lower than my rank, the win to loss points are close to equal. This season however, points for wins are much less than the points lost for losses. For instance, +6 for win vs -17 for losses. This did was uncommon in previous seasons, but this season it has been happening very frequently.

I have been playing for years and I have never seen this. Did something change this season?

Yeah, I think you may be right.

I have noticed a lot of lower ranked players in my games lately. Probably due to the pop being lower. It's frustrating for them and for me. Here is a story from last night.

On Capricorn, the enemy team won the bell; but, some of our team was able to peel and not die. I saw 3 enemies go to our home node, so I tagged the hazard sign and drew an "X" over the node. It looked like our scourge that was coming out of spawn was going to run strait in. So I tagged hazard and drew X over andn over. And... he went in solo and died 1v3... I added him as friend after the match and he was just barely G1 after 120+ matches. The matchmaker really shouldn't have placed him in our game.

Assuming the MM is having trouble filling games with players at proper levels, and this is the new norm, I can't see PVP surviving much longer. (And it's already kinda dead)

• Like 1