Anyone out there suffering for ground-water consistency in gear visuals?

I like water content. I like swimming. It's beautiful, and I like water skills. It helps that all my utility works underwater. But when my helmet and my weapon suddenly disappears and changes, it breaks my inmersion so much. I've even been thinking into changing my head for the aqua breather skin, and using rifle skins that are exactly the same as harpoon skins, to be 100% consistent. I like them. But I would like to use some heads and rifles that may be a lot better. But that unconsistency kills me.

Anyone suffered that? What did you do in the end?

I just discovered rifle is hold mirrored than harpoon in back, but I'll ignore that small detail

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

• DarkK.7368 changed the title to Anyone out there suffering for ground-water consistency in gear visuals?

No, I have not suffered that. This feels more like a self-inflicted wound. You should relax a little and learn to ignore those little insignificant details. Immersion only goes so far. You'll live longer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

This feels more like a self-inflicted wound.

Totally, I hate when I think about this things. For now I learned to ignore the helmet (I imagine my normal helmet transforms into the breathing-helmet), but the weapon changing is still too much XDDD

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DarkK.7368 said:

Totally, I hate when I think about this things. For now I learned to ignore the helmet (I imagine my normal helmet transforms into the breathing-helmet), but the weapon changing is still too much XDDD

You're going to have to get over that. Underwater weapons are completely separate from that. If it helps, you can just tell yourself you turned into a mermaid and can't wield surface weapons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why wouldn't someone use underwater weapons when going underwater?  Why would someone not use an aqua-breather to stay underwater for more than a few seconds?

To me, it would break immersion much more to use a regular helmet underwater without drowning, or use something like a rifle, pistol, torch, or warhorn underwater and not have issues.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Why wouldn't someone use underwater weapons when going underwater?  Why would someone not use an aqua-breather to stay underwater for more than a few seconds?

To me, it would break immersion much more to use a regular helmet underwater without drowning, or use something like a rifle, pistol, torch, or warhorn underwater and not have issues.  🤷‍♀️

If I could have the underwater weapon at the same time in the back as the ground to swap it, yeah. The weapon "appearing from nowhere" is that kind of stuff that hurts me XD That's why I dislike weapon swap, for example. Anyway, as an engineer, I like to imagine my rifle works underwater, pure machinery

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, DarkK.7368 said:

If I could have the underwater weapon at the same time in the back as the ground to swap it, yeah. The weapon "appearing from nowhere" is that kind of stuff that hurts me XD That's why I dislike weapon swap, for example. Anyway, as an engineer, I like to imagine my rifle works underwater, pure machinery

An actual rifle wouldn't work very well, if at all, underwater. Sure, the projectile will fire, but the friction with water would stop it after only a few feet, losing all its kinetic energy and becoming harmless.

It's a fantasy game, not real life. Nothing in the game is meant to work as it does in real life. Do you also 'suffer' when you realize that Sylvari characters don't take extra damage from fire attacks, or that our characters don't have to actually go drop a deuce, or that none of the caster classes die in one hit from a melee attack? How about the fact that a literal meteor shower hitting a closely-packed group of 25+ players only hits 5 at one time? There are lots of inconsistencies that 'break immersion'. Some, like the ones you and I described, you're going to just have to accept them as they are and stop hurting yourself over these inconsistencies. They're not worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4/29/2024 at 12:29 PM, Howluffu.7259 said:

Well my characters are little ravens(asura with raven helm) and ngl I hate so much underwater cuz it breaks my RP immersion about them being ravens.

True, everyone wearing a raven helm should just flap wildly and drown as soon as they go underwater. Non-penguin/pelican/duck/blue-footed booby bird RP immersion must be maintained.

• Haha 6

On 5/1/2024 at 1:27 AM, Sweetbread.3678 said:

True, everyone wearing a raven helm should just flap wildly and drown as soon as they go underwater. Non-penguin/pelican/duck/blue-footed booby bird RP immersion must be maintained.

Yeah, just give me the ability to fly everywhere without mount and always loot shiny baubles from mobs.

• Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...