BUG Event: Patrol the area near the Mouth of Torment with Redeemer Kossan

Following the indication of an email ticket, I am creating this topic to address and investigate the bug with the event "Patrol the area near the mouth of torment with redeemer Kossan" which gives the item "Ashee, Rune of valor" which is essential for unlock the griffon mount.

Well, I found an old topic on the forum but it's from 2018 so I don't know if the bug continued or returned, so I think it's better to create another topic. The problem in question is: The event does not complete and does not reset. The NPC "Reedemer Kossan" just stay near of the entrance of the camp at waypoint "The Darklands" [&BKMKAAA=] , the event bar shows that there are some enemies left to be defeated but nothing appears or happen. Was suggested by the GM Peeyo wait for daily reset at 00:00 UTC Time, but nothing happen and bug continue... I tried migrate server, select guest on other server, join squad in another area and join map (there are no other group stance in the map desolation), killed mobs arround, bring adds to kill the npc, ressurect the npc, pull the npc far for the point stucked... well I meet a lot of people on the map and everyone tryed a lot of things and nothing work... So we are really stuck with the problem.

It's been really frustrating to go through this because it's been days of farming gold for the mount... it takes a while longer to complete the other collections to get to this point and discover that there is no way to get through it because of the bug in a mount that is so essential. So please, if those responsible for the technical area could at least take a look and give us feedback on the problem...
If anyone has the same problem, if you can comment on what you're going through, I think it could help you understand more about it.

SS from bug:
https://ibb.co/85rRSy2
https://ibb.co/rkHNWMj
https://ibb.co/34Zcjqx

Thanks for your attention

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Yes, please resolve this. It is a required event for completing the griffon mount, and given that this error has existed for over 8 years is shameful.

Suggested options:
- Allow some way to "reset" the event, such as by talking to an NPC when Kossan is bugged.
- Put a timer on the event so that it resets itself after X amount of time.
- Implement options that allows players to change to a new instance, or perform some sort of "map vote" that would shut down a map within an hour if a majority of people on that map vote for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't understand how you can leave a bug in such an important mission, it's been 24 hours and nothing has been solved, it seems like my time has been wasted collecting all the items, and in the last one this happens. It's happened before, you know there's a way to fix it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Stalled events will reset when a new map is created. New maps are guaranteed to be created with an update/release/hot-fix.  Try the event immediately after such.

Good luck. 

This may be true for some events, but not for all of them, and the reset does not "interrupt" an active event. This error is stalled in an active state and last night's reset did not change this.

Additionally, waiting for an update or hotfix is just a generally bad answer. What's the point of having GMs if they don't have the tools to assist with basic map functionality?

Edited by Marionette Codi.9451
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well, thats exactly the problem... wait how long for it? and what about people after if have the same problem? This needs to be solved, you can't just wait for a reset so "I" can do and lets wait for the next wave of the players with problem. Certally we hope one hotfix and thats why we are complaining haha. After all, the GM tell me to open the topic exactly to adress the problem. Exact quote: "Quality Assurance Team does not respond to every bug report, but all reports are reviewed, triaged, and investigated."

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Yep, that is the standard response to issues that the CS Team cannot solve. 

It takes some time for the particular issue to rise through the backlog of 'bugs'; time for the QA Team to reliably reproduce the bug; time to nail down what causes the bug; time to send it to the Devs that can fix the issue; time to test the 'fix' and try to make sure the 'fix' does not affect any other part of the game and then release the fix when there is enough bandwidth necessary.

Thus, it often is quicker to try the event right after a release, update or hot-fix.

Good luck. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It takes some time for the particular issue to rise through the backlog of 'bugs'; time for the QA Team to reliably reproduce the bug; time to nail down what causes the bug; time to send it to the Devs that can fix the issue; time to test the 'fix' and try to make sure the 'fix' does not affect any other part of the game and then release the fix when there is enough bandwidth necessary.

Thus, it often is quicker to try the event right after a release, update or hot-fix.

Good luck. 

Of course... and thats what we are doing... trying at 2 days complete by any means possible and reporting the error so that the Quality Assurance Team can verify. Until be solved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Good luck. 

The next update is in 20 days...is there any way you can just reset the event before 20 days??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Marionette Codi.9451 said:

Yes, please resolve this. It is a required event for completing the griffon mount, and given that this error has existed for over 8 years is shameful.

Suggested options:
- Allow some way to "reset" the event, such as by talking to an NPC when Kossan is bugged.
- Put a timer on the event so that it resets itself after X amount of time.
- Implement options that allows players to change to a new instance, or perform some sort of "map vote" that would shut down a map within an hour if a majority of people on that map vote for it.

Could we force a new map to be created?  For instance, if there were a ton of people on the America servers go into the Desolation Zone, and the "volunteer to migrate" option pops up, wouldn't the new desolation map not have the issue?

Not sure why they don't just do something without players having to force it, but it could be an option.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Rain.2137 said:

Not sure why they don't just do something without players having to force it, but it could be an option.

This is the first time I come into the forums and judging by the lack of success at the thread about the holosmith + weaponmaster bug (reported over a month ago), I doubt we will get a response... which, as a new player, is very disappointing.

• Confused 2

From the diary of Redeemer Kossan:

"Day three. I am trapped in limbo. ANET has forsaken me, left me to die, only to be brought back by the hopeful and unknowing, only to die again when they, too, realize that I am trapped with no way out of this hell..."

--

Seriously, though, it's been 3 days since this quest has bugged. What's the point of having forums or submitting tickets if ANET doesn't read them? What's the point of having GMs if they don't have the tools to do anything useful?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Could we try to arrange our guildmates to join the map at meta time to increase our chances to create a new map instance? What do you all think? Maybe even a HP train too xD

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Berlin.1386 said:

Could we try to arrange our guildmates to join the map at meta time to increase our chances to create a new map instance? What do you all think? Maybe even a HP train too xD

If you do lmk lol

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Rain.2137 said:

The next update is in 20 days...is there any way you can just reset the event before 20 days??

so much work to acquire the griffin to be stuck in this collection for 20 days...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1