Is it too much too ask to increase the frequency of convergences? Because if 1 run fails due to AFKers, the next one will be 3 hours from now..

If I am not mistaken convergences happen every 3 hours so you have 7 chances to do this run per day. I do not know about others but I would bet that majority does not have all the time of day to be available to run on any those 7 available time slots, at most maybe only 1 or 2 of those time slots, and if you fail and you are not available for the next run, better luck next day buddy. The unstable kryptis motivation to start your own convergence instance is too expensive. Can you please increase the occurence of convergences, because the kryptis motivation to open them anytime is too expensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

I thought you got an unstable kryptis thingy from completing the 1st convergence of the week so wouldn't you just have to open a private group complete it and get your McGuffin back to open another one? 

Edited by Qys.5937
  • Confused 3

Just now, Qys.5937 said:

I thought you got a unstable kryptis thingy from completing the 1st convergence of the week so wouldn't you just have to open a private group complete it and get your McGuffin back to open another one? 

that is only rewarded once per week. If you are running convergence once per day or at least trying to do that, you won't have enough and you're just gonna have to farm it from rifts or buy it from the TP

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Well I guess get there early so you don't get a fail group. True for most big meta events. I thought the 3hr gap was so they had time for the other SoTO meta's to run.  

Just now, Qys.5937 said:

Well I guess get there early so you don't get a fail group. True for most big meta events. I thought the 3hr gap was so they had time for the other SoTO meta's to run.  

I entered the portal at the exact second the clock hits xx:30.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Qys.5937 said:

I've had daily reset xx:30 Convergences fail. :( Keep getting a ton of AFK mechanists/heralds. Anet really needs to crack down on it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I've had daily reset xx:30 Convergences fail. 😞 Keep getting a ton of AFK mechanists/heralds. Anet really needs to crack down on it.

If you were in the instance I also attempted this morning, I know what you mean. 

This will probably get me flamed but whatever, I will say it: if a public convergence I am in is obviously going to fail, I leave. 

To explain, how do I know it will fail?  Because of late it's become a lot more frequent (coincidence or not hard to say) to see several afk players simply sitting on the map doing literally nothing at best, to at worst just there to trash talk everyone while still doing literally nothing but hanging on their skyscale somewhere on the map.

It is literally beyond ridiculous that Anet doesn't address this issue, but it also doesn't surprise me.

I value my time and don't intend to play a public convergence where others' behaviour ruins the experience for everyone.  I am also not especially fond of the fact that while we are working our behinds off to kill bosses, these people are just leeching xp and rewards.  

If I get a whiff that it's going to go that way, I am out.  I've got about 6 more to do for the Conqueror title and once that is finished, I will not set foot in them again.

Fed up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Surelia.2651 said:

If you were in the instance I also attempted this morning, I know what you mean. 

This will probably get me flamed but whatever, I will say it: if a public convergence I am in is obviously going to fail, I leave. 

To explain, how do I know it will fail?  Because of late it's become a lot more frequent (coincidence or not hard to say) to see several afk players simply sitting on the map doing literally nothing at best, to at worst just there to trash talk everyone while still doing literally nothing but hanging on their skyscale somewhere on the map.

It is literally beyond ridiculous that Anet doesn't address this issue, but it also doesn't surprise me.

I value my time and don't intend to play a public convergence where others' behaviour ruins the experience for everyone.  I am also not especially fond of the fact that while we are working our behinds off to kill bosses, these people are just leeching xp and rewards.  

If I get a whiff that it's going to go that way, I am out.  I've got about 6 more to do for the Conqueror title and once that is finished, I will not set foot in them again.

Fed up.

Haven't done today's Convergence yet. x_x I was going to do the reset one but had RL things pop up. Might do the one that's in an hour. Tbqh, I've had better luck with the not-daily reset Convergences.

The last Convergence I had fail had multiple AFK mechs/heralds + multiple people on skyscales just shooting fireball + Sorrow boss. It was touch-grass awful. The extra wild part were the people there who honestly had no idea Convergences could fail.

I've also left Convergences before. When we're at 25 minutes and the islands are 2/4 and I've been mostly solo trying to keep Zojja alive from the Avatars of Spite the entire time gets really old really fast. I have other metas to get to, gdi.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Failed public convergences: When two people do the combined DPS of the next 48 players. 🙃

Like most public group instances it is a player quality issue.

Even someone who makes the bare minimum effort of bringing a group instance build (fractals, raids or strikes) will do more damage than the average open world player in GW2. You know... if you call for a dedicated DPS role and do less than the Support DPS roles there is a problem.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207