Suggestions to rework the quick deadeye

Ilusenn.6420

Hello!

A quick deadeye without their cantrips can only provide 5 seconds of quickness every 25 seconds, or at best 10 seconds every 20 seconds with alacrity and 100% boon duration.

Yet I remember ANet saying a year ago: "We want [boon support] builds to have more flexibility in their utility skill choice and not be required to activate a particular utility type on cooldown to provide quickness or alacrity." (here)

Can we find a way to provide quickness without cantrips? How about 1 second per malice point generated? I'm pretty sure power metabuilds would still use cantrips, but it could give us the flexibility ANet promised, by replacing some of them with CC, defensive and party-focused skills when needed.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ilusenn.6420 said:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the forum, can the confused person explain what's confusing? English isn't my native language, I probably made a few mistakes.

Most of the time, people use the confused marker as a dislike button, because the forum doesn't feature and actual dislike button.

So, rather than someone not understanding your idea, you should think of it as someone not liking your idea.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 10:17 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

Most of the time, people use the confused marker as a dislike button, because the forum doesn't feature and actual dislike button.

So, rather than someone not understanding your idea, you should think of it as someone not liking your idea.

Oh ok, thank you! I must admit I'm still curious why they don't like my idea, as far as I know it wouldn't change the gameplay for qDE playing with cantrips.

Edit: Based on the reaction to this post, I guess they're the usual trolls we have to deal with.

Edited by Ilusenn.6420
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/13/2024 at 4:17 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

I like to think of the confused emote as confirmation that a salty player you've slighted at some point is still salty.