"Closing rift" constantly interrupted for no apparent reason at random

We all the rift events and any event in SOTO having a rift as part of an event in the area. So we all know that we at one point in either of these event we have to press F to pay respects...i mean close the rift.

But for some unknown reason this in my experience a rough one. Regardless of the circumstances present FOR SOME REASON the rift closing get interrupted for no apparent reason.
IT does not matter if I am alone and out of combat, with NO enemies in sight or if I am surrounded by kryptis and smash my characters face in. 
It seem to be 50/50 luck based for it not to be stop midway or refuses to even start.

I like to iterate: there have been numerous occasions in which i was NOT attacked and even out of combat during events, while other player got hit constantly by NPC enemies yet it was I that couldn't get the "Close Rift" action to start to continue without issue

If you had similar annoyances happen add it to the collection to make the bug report more visible. Since IT gets REALLY annoying at this point that its still happening.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This has happened to me before today's release too.  I have found that if you have any enemy -- maybe any ally too? -- targeted, your rift channel is stopped.  If you clear your target you can resume channeling.  I'd still consider it bug-adjacent, but at least there's a work around.

I had a similar issue in the final fight in the story today.  The only way to channel against the boss was to get an ally targeted, or it defaulted to channeling against minions and doing nothing to them.  With an ally targeted the channel hit the boss as needed.  Very important if there's to be any chance of doing the quick win achieve.

14 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

This has happened to me before today's release too.  I have found that if you have any enemy -- maybe any ally too? -- targeted, your rift channel is stopped.  If you clear your target you can resume channeling.  I'd still consider it bug-adjacent, but at least there's a work around.

I had a similar issue in the final fight in the story today.  The only way to channel against the boss was to get an ally targeted, or it defaulted to channeling against minions and doing nothing to them.  With an ally targeted the channel hit the boss as needed.  Very important if there's to be any chance of doing the quick win achieve.

just did the last fight and noticed it too. but unfortunately I experienced it as said even when NOTHING was around to  target, ally or foe. but it is a good insight none the less

On 5/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, Johnpier.8062 said:

If you get hit by something, or you are in the combat (not always works), it can cancel the channeling too.

which is what i expect and did not complain about. i complained about literally being ALONE, no allies or enemies around and for SOME reason the channeling just interrupts.