Power Mirage (PvE/Open World/Raids)

Vinny.7260

Posted (edited)

You're basically saying that since Mesmer has Virtu+Chrono, it is okay for Mirage to be bad. But ele can't be bad because Cata+Weaver aren't Virtu+Chrono. So somehow it's not as bad. Like you're ranking suffering and then saying "Mesmer's suffer less overall so it's okay to treat Mirage worse."

It's bad faith and completely nonsensical.

Every class should be treated fairly.

You still can't deny the reality that if CMC mained Mesmer instead of Ele, that Mes would have gotten all those reworks instead of Ele. I won't be responding anymore because we have already gotten off topic a bit, and my points all stand. No matter what number changes happen to Ele, it will always be a class that is least played simply because it's very nature is more effort + more punishment but for same reward. Using playrates as an example just doesn't work in this case. Especially when, you talk about perspective, but have not once even considered how OP and ridiculous ele was in pvp for awhile. Cata was #1 pick to such a degree that one of the MAT's featured BOTH teams running 3 catas, because that was the optimal comp.

This was months ago, so I wouldn't say recently, as Cata has indeed been nerfed since then, but only because literally every pvper across the entire spectrum (from casual to hardcore) all agreed that Cata was simply TOO MUCH.

So there is some perspective for you. Here is more; CMC mainly does WvW & PvP.

Now what do you think happens when CMC runs into a class he fights and feels is "unfair". Hmmmmmmm..... Just look at what gets nerfed in patch notes (mes) and what gets constantly reworked (ele) and ALSO grouch mains guardians, and which class has been the super god of roaming for WvW for this entire time?? Oh it's Willbender.

Guardian is also the only class atm that has all 3 specs as viable spvp options, with firebrand being the weakest, but still being viable.

Again, the bias is so blatantly there, you would have to stick your head in the sand to not see it.

Here is more perspective for you:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Righteous_Sprint

vs

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Sand

Check where each of these traits are in their respective trees before responding plz.

Also here is more perspective:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Ignition

Notice how overloaded that skill is. So much going on. Now check out this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstable_Bladestorm

Literally just does damage and that's it.

The favored classes consistently receive reworks and buffs, the classes devs don't like, or don't play, are mostly abandoned. CMC prolly made those power mirage changes and then said "I'm done now. Mesmer is fixed." and that's a problem to me. I obviously don't hate the guy nor do I want him fired, I have always just simply asked for A MESMER DEV to be in the mix, but I will not rewrite history. Mesmer has been treated very unfairly compared to all other classes, with Mirage by far receiving the worst treatment of any e-spec. The class was literally allowed ONLY ONE DODGE in pvp+wvw for like 3 years. Enough is enough already.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Every class should be treated fairly.

Yes, they should. Which is why punching down is in bad faith.

Elementalist's problem is largely the same problem mirage has: they fiddle with the numbers, but the kneejerk reaction kicks in and they knock the numbers down before the numbers can get to the point where they even come close to compensating for the complexity (the target should be somewhere where the average raider gets about the same performance regardless of build, rather than one where every build has the same cap regardless of how hard it is to get to that cap. Meanwhile, they make a few reworks to traits every so often, but refuse to make the reworks that would actually solve some of the fundamental problems.

But for elementalist, it applies to the entire profession, while for mesmer, the less popular of the other two specs still beats out entire professions in play rates.

PvP and WvW gripes I'm not interested in discussing here, since the thread title clearly marks the thread as PvE-oriented.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yes, they should. Which is why punching down is in bad faith.

Elementalist's problem is largely the same problem mirage has: they fiddle with the numbers, but the kneejerk reaction kicks in and they knock the numbers down before the numbers can get to the point where they even come close to compensating for the complexity (the target should be somewhere where the average raider gets about the same performance regardless of build, rather than one where every build has the same cap regardless of how hard it is to get to that cap. Meanwhile, they make a few reworks to traits every so often, but refuse to make the reworks that would actually solve some of the fundamental problems.

But for elementalist, it applies to the entire profession, while for mesmer, the less popular of the other two specs still beats out entire professions in play rates.

PvP and WvW gripes I'm not interested in discussing here, since the thread title clearly marks the thread as PvE-oriented.

Mirage literally got nerfed in pve BECAUSE OF pvp.

Tbh I find your perspective severely lacking in all of this. I wasn't sure before, but I am now. Have a good day!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Mirage literally got nerfed in pve BECAUSE OF pvp.

Tbh I find your perspective severely lacking in all of this. I wasn't sure before, but I am now. Have a good day!

Nah, the latest nerf to Mirage PvE DPS happened because it was benching higher than ArenaNet was comfortable with, despite being much harder to actually reach that benchmark leading most players to continue to use virtuoso. Plus, of course, mirage suffering a lot to the nerfs to confusion, which were primarily PvE-focused due to ArenaNet not being able to balance a damage effect that depended on what the boss was doing rather than simply being a flat DPS number.

(Although technically that is even off-topic, since the topic is power mirage, which I don't think has ever been a good choice in raids/strikes/fractals, however fun it can be with a stamina sigil in open world.)

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Nah, the latest nerf to Mirage PvE DPS happened because it was benching higher than ArenaNet was comfortable with, despite being much harder to actually reach that benchmark leading most players to continue to use virtuoso. Plus, of course, mirage suffering a lot to the nerfs to confusion, which were primarily PvE-focused due to ArenaNet not being able to balance a damage effect that depended on what the boss was doing rather than simply being a flat DPS number.

Which they addressed on the worst way possible. By nerfing the clones to do 1/3 of the damage they were doing they basically put the skill floor on the ceiling. This mostly hurt to players that were not that good with the spec while high experienced players won't see that big of a difference.

They legit made the spec worse to play than before the ''rework'' to axe clones. Before if your clones got the full auto chain you were rewarded greatly by both the third auto and the activation of seeking axes on your clones. Then changed to be more streamlined, we lost the big hit and the activation of seeking axes on it but we won an easier time letting our clones do their thing. Then they were nerfed to 1 third of the duration and now they do worse conditions while autoattacking than before the rework.

Before

8secs of bleeding,  13.5 secs of torment and for each chain your clones did.

Now

3 secs of bleeding and 3 secs of torment for 3 auto attacks.