So everyone is getting spears on land, will engineers get spear use underwater as well?

11 hours ago, AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

Snip

Engis and eles are still missing weapon switch for underwater combat. Yet, I can't understand ANet's policy on this decision. Even revenants can use spear and trident, yet the trident was added sometime after HoT.

Snip

There is a very good reason why revenants got trident added after launch.

They could not weapon swap at the start that was changed and weapon swaping under water bettwen spear only made zero sence.

• Confused 1

Okay, I understand the creation of your topic, but I don't understand your point. What is the problem with Elementalist and Engineer not having spears in the aquatic environment? At no time was any improvement or aquatic maps announced; the expansion comes with the premise of adding spears to terrestrial combat, only and solely that.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 2:56 PM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Yes, and Engineers do not get spears underwater. This was not a question of whether the abilities would be the same but if Engineers will actually get to use spears underwater now.

You won't because your water weapon is a separate slot governed by different restrictions.  

• Like 1