Skyscale repair rifts mastery and SOTO

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, so I'm trying to progress on the Visions of Dragonfall achivement. One of them is Visions of Landscapes Dragonfall which seems to imply a Rift Repair Mastery. 

However, it seems this mastery is only avaialble if you have unlocked the Skyscale through LWS 4 but not if you have unlocked the skyscale through SOTO as I did.

Please don't tell me I have to go through that to activate this mastery line, that would be quite a huge disappointment. 

Edited by apouche.1473
typos
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

If I am not mistaken those visions achievements are tied to the legendary accessoire Vision, which is tied to living world season 4, which in turn has the PoF Skyscale tied to it.

It would make sense to require the skyskale collection from season 4.

• Like 2

The deal with Soto is that you get access to the mount, not every thing related to the mount.

I agree but here it's not leveling the mastery points from the PoF lanes. It is actually unlocking a mount that I already have on top of leveling said masteries. Feels pretty unfair to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, apouche.1473 said:

I agree but here it's not leveling the mastery points from the PoF lanes. It is actually unlocking a mount that I already have on top of leveling said masteries. Feels pretty unfair to be honest.

Which is exactly the same for those who unlocked it before SotO, they got a whole new mount mastery line to grind out access to new skills for a mount they already had. I don't see the problem. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

The SotO way of getting skyscale on your account was to make things easier/for you not to have to do 8 billion collections to get it. The mount still needs to have its original masteries trained in PoF/Season 4 maps. That may seem unfair, but where Vision is concerned you'll need those masteries to proceed through the first collections.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2024 at 9:39 AM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Which is exactly the same for those who unlocked it before SotO, they got a whole new mount mastery line to grind out access to new skills for a mount they already had. I don't see the problem. 🤷‍♂️

Idk, I feel like this process could have been worked on much better so people don't feel like it's all redundant (which leads to it feeling even more grindy and off putting in the first place). Whichever method a player chooses to unlock the skyscale with, the other one should at least take that into account in some shape or form. Not to the point where one replaces the other, of course.

I'm thinking something like: People who have unlocked the skyscale through LW4/PoF can bypass some aspects from the SotO method.
For example, we can have extra dialogue options about having extensive training with the skyscale, allowing us to bypass some introductory quests. Perhaps we also get the option of receiving a buff, which allows us to progress through the mastery lines a little faster (again, taking into consideration the fact that we've done a similar process before).
For people who have unlocked the skyscale through SotO but then want to do unlock the masteries from LW4, they're given similar options for making certain parts a little easier (perhaps you start with an incubated egg already? Idk, been awhile since I've done this) so they can get going with working towards the mastery lines in an easier way.

I think my point is for them to connect these 2 methods with each other in certain ways so that people don't feel like they're having to start all over again, and to also make them feel smoother just for general lore/gameplay purposes.

Edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725
  • Confused 1