Additional Mount Updates in Future Mini-Expacs

On 6/16/2024 at 6:56 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

both the Skyscale and the Warclaw were originally acquired through methods that some people really disliked. That’s why we’re getting an alternative way to get them. If any, the next one will be the turtle since that’s the next one in line when it comes to complaints.

I disagree.  The mounts that they have updated acquisition for were originally presented in LW.   I believe that if any more are updated it will follow that pattern and update the roller beetle.

13 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I disagree.  The mounts that they have updated acquisition for were originally presented in LW.   I believe that if any more are updated it will follow that pattern and update the roller beetle.

Only skyscale was originally from LW; warclaw came out after PoF released, but isn't tied to LW and only PoF is needed to unlock it.

I suspect they're largely going based on how many players have unlocked particular mounts, and possibly how much time players actually use them for if they have stats on that. Skyscale had comparatively low unlock figures on gw2efficiency prior to SotO, and even now it still lags behind both griffon and roller beetle. Warclaw unlocks are lower still, because you need WvW for it and it currently has no real use in PvE other than looking cool. Now that they're doing smaller stories, they can probably take the story wherever makes the most sense to feature a different mount.

Turtle is sitting ridiculously low on gw2efficiency, with only ~22% of registered accounts having unlocked it, presumably because it's an optional mount locked behind a meta and collection, with little perceived use for solo players. I'd be surprised if we got a roller beetle expansion before a turtle one, given how much of Cantha we haven't seen (including the Great Turtle Highlands) and the fact that over twice as many accounts have unlocked it, but it's possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1