My most wanted housing request would fix my single biggest GW2 regret.

Many people are sharing their desires for the player housing, and like many others I'm eagerly awaiting the blogpost with more information. I love the fact that one thing we do know is that character unlocks and nodes will carry over. I'm hoping this gives me the option to correct the single greatest permanent mistake I've ever made in my GW2 time. 

During my first week of playing GW2, with no experience in the setting, I was tasked with picking a race to help. Since I had zero context, I just picked one at random. I've had a stupid bunch of frogs sticking their tongues out in my home instance ever since. Every day when I go to the home instance, I'm reminded of this terrible mistake.

Please give me the option to choose which character unlocks show in the new homesteads so I can rectify this gross lapse in judgement. I'm already punished by never having my Skritt friends in their stead, at least let me banish the froggies.

Also, the home instance still exists. Maybe my character is a hermit that wants this place as a private retreat, and I don't want any of the NPCs there. I can just go to the home instance if I need them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

I think AN have meant the things like gathering nodes, chests etc, not story impact upon home instance inhabitants.... especially since homesteads are per account, node unlocks are per account, but story npcs are per character....

What race is your character? I don't have any frogs and I want frogs, lol.

8 hours ago, ubaer.8176 said:

Many people are sharing their desires for the player housing, and like many others I'm eagerly awaiting the blogpost with more information. I love the fact that one thing we do know is that character unlocks and nodes will carry over. I'm hoping this gives me the option to correct the single greatest permanent mistake I've ever made in my GW2 time. 

During my first week of playing GW2, with no experience in the setting, I was tasked with picking a race to help. Since I had zero context, I just picked one at random. I've had a stupid bunch of frogs sticking their tongues out in my home instance ever since. Every day when I go to the home instance, I'm reminded of this terrible mistake.

Please give me the option to choose which character unlocks show in the new homesteads so I can rectify this gross lapse in judgement. I'm already punished by never having my Skritt friends in their stead, at least let me banish the froggies.

Also, the home instance still exists. Maybe my character is a hermit that wants this place as a private retreat, and I don't want any of the NPCs there. I can just go to the home instance if I need them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Hmm, I've never seen the race I chose; but, I don't use the Home Instance allotted to my race, either.  Do they show up in other races' Home Instances?  If not, could you use a different one? 

I think you see them on races that can choose frogs so if you chose frogs you would see them in all but the charr home instance.

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Hmm...I chose Quaggan and use Sylvari Home Instance; I have yet to find a Quaggan.  Maybe it's hiding somewhere.  :classic_laugh:

And you been all around the water in the sylvari home instance?

Both inside the house and under the bridge.

Cant say I have used the sylvari home instance much tho so unsure were they would be. 

Edited by Linken.6345