Bane signet or hammer of wisdom for general use core

Isopod.4156

So for having a dedicated cc skill sanctuary is the best option and I can switch to it if I know I'll need to do big cc damage. But it doesn't do any health damage since it is ultimately a defense skill. So for running around open world or even in just a group where everyone is popping cc to break the bar and not doing the biggest cc is okay, which between the signet and spirit weapon would be better for dedicated cc. I ask core because I haven't unlocked any elites yet.

Signet is a single target attack but hammers aoe can miss if the enemy moves or someone uses knockback if it's a regular mob. Also signet boosts power when not on cooldown which is very nice, but hammer has two uses. Which I'm actually confused about a bit is the stats for a single use of it or all both uses added together? Of course those uses have a cooldown between them before the longer recharge, so unless you can stall the bar enough it'll start to regen (unless you are in a group of course). I dont ready need the aoe from hammer though since I almost always run the spirit sword, but hitting knockdown on multiple enemies is very nice. I'm also not sure of their cooldowns when compared I cant access my computer right now to check.

If I understand your question correctly, the hammer is using ammo system, which means the cooldown starts when you use the 1 charge of the ammo. For example:

1. Use 1st ammo of the hammer, countdown starts 20 sec. (Moving border of the skill indicates the cooldown)

2. 5 sec later, countdown is 15 sec, used 2nd ammo of the hammer. Cooldown is at 15 sec counting down. No more hammer can be used since both ammos are spent.

3. 15 sec later, recovered 1st ammo. Countdown starts for 2nd ammo, 20 sec recharge. You can use 1 ammo for hammer in the meantime until 2nd ammo recharge complete.

Ammunition skill - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

5 hours ago, phandaria.4891 said:

If I understand your question correctly, the hammer is using ammo system, which means the cooldown starts when you use the 1 charge of the ammo. For example:

1. Use 1st ammo of the hammer, countdown starts 20 sec. (Moving border of the skill indicates the cooldown)

2. 5 sec later, countdown is 15 sec, used 2nd ammo of the hammer. Cooldown is at 15 sec counting down. No more hammer can be used since both ammos are spent.

3. 15 sec later, recovered 1st ammo. Countdown starts for 2nd ammo, 20 sec recharge. You can use 1 ammo for hammer in the meantime until 2nd ammo recharge complete.

Ammunition skill - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Ah my question about the hammer was if the stats in the description like "200 break bar damage" was for both uses or only one but if that's how the recharge works I suppose it would have to be each use??

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:51 AM, Isopod.4156 said:

Ah my question about the hammer was if the stats in the description like "200 break bar damage" was for both uses or only one but if that's how the recharge works I suppose it would have to be each use??

Each use of hammer will result in 200 defiance break damage.