Sword 2 skill abuse in wvw since like forever

blitzbirne.2890

11 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Erm, no. The fact that thieves have a portal is not actually relevant to how the exploit should be fixed. We've already established that the problem is likely an issue with how the server processes ports which means fixing it would likely affect everyone that can use a targeted port, not just sword thieves. Either you're happy to fix it for everyone and change every skill the exploit works on or you're basically just conducting a witch hunt. 

As I said earlier, changing how ports are coded would affect every class and that (plus ANet's history of leaving things bugged for no reason other than laziness) is probably why it's never been fixed and why it probably never will be.

Im used to witch hunts. Im maining the second portall profession for years and i would be fine with fixing these kind of exploids. Either fix the skills or make forts, towers etc unreachable for these kind of things. Meaning terrain fixes  and / or higher structures. Guess what would be less work for anet 😉

1 hour ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

Im used to witch hunts. Im maining the second portall profession for years and i would be fine with fixing these kind of exploids. Either fix the skills or make forts, towers etc unreachable for these kind of things. Meaning terrain fixes  and / or higher structures. Guess what would be less work for anet 😉

Neither; it's less work to introduce new bugged weapons, and fire and forget about them once the content goes live.

15 minutes ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

"Fire and forget" Thats the way to ruin ah sorry my bad "run" an game

Unfortunately it's been that way for some time now. Just looking at thief:

Ghost trapper thief in WvW only started to get toned down when someone solo'd slothazor with it

Octovine (among many other PvE bosses) is still un-targetable by deadeye's mark, and has been since PoF release

Malice ui is still glitched in certain maps, and has been since PoF release

Heal spectre is still not really a thing, due to clunky mechanics that were introduced with EoD then never refined 

Axe trait interaction and pathing issues that were reported in beta are still not fixed

Sure, to be fair to ANet daredevil, deadeye and spectre have all seen considerable reworks since their release. But there's glaring issues that have never been fixed because they're likely rooted in spaghetti code. If they won't rewrite code for this, are they really gonna rewrite shadowstep code at this point in the game?

If that wall in red border garrison is STILL out of place after so many years and reports, are they really gonna redesign towers to fix an exploit? 

Don't get me wrong, this stuff is sad and I agree there ought to have been better management of these issue (as a mesmer main you've seen your fair share of weird and wonderful changes too). I'm just being realistic in my expectations, and hoping to avoid a mirage dodge situation where they start to change anything and everything except the actual problem.

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
Edit: the mesmer main comment was aimed at the OP. Apparently I forgot who I was replying to halfway through that post lol
  • Like 2