Which profession gonna be your spear main?

Which profession gonna be your spear main?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Now that all spear previews are out, which profession will be your spear wielding main?

• Guardian
    • Revenant
    • Warrior
    • Engineer
    • Ranger
    • Thief
    • Elementalist
    • Mesmer
    • Necromancer
    • None of the above (state your reason)

Warrior gets first dibs at spear for me… I’ve been wanting her to wield a spear for years… now she finally can, and its a ranged weapon too. Its going on my Spellbreaker and will pair nicely with her staff.

next up is Revenant… though I’m having a hard time deciding if I should drop Greatsword or Dual Swords for it…

Spear on thief is pretty fun, and I think it will be a perfect new weapon for my Daredevil… its a nice mid-range gap closer to complement her Sword/Dagger setup… much better than Staff, which may fit better on my Spectre instead…

I may pick up spear on my Untamed Ranger and Virtuoso Mesmer whenever I get around to buying more character slots to make them and finally decide what races they should be…

I don’t really see myself using Necro Spear, Guardian Spear, or Engineer Spear any time soon… though I do absolutely love Engineer spear’s concept… I just can’t figure out what spec to put it with… Guardian Spear could see some potential use on my firebrand, but I don’t see it as a viable alternative to Axe/Torch or Dual Pistols for her particular build… Necro Spear is just confusing and utterly unweildy… it was clearly designed more as a PvP weapon than anything…

and that leaves Elementalist Spear… I want to love it… but OMG is it aweful… the etchings durations are way too short and the pay off for if you do manage to pull one off is basically nonexistent… I thought this might be a decent alternative weapon for my Weaver, but now I’m reconsidering…

8 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Warrior gets first dibs at spear for me… I’ve been wanting her to wield a spear for years… now she finally can, and its a ranged weapon too. Its going on my Spellbreaker and will pair nicely with her staff.

next up is Revenant… though I’m having a hard time deciding if I should drop Greatsword or Dual Swords for it…

Spear on thief is pretty fun, and I think it will be a perfect new weapon for my Daredevil… its a nice mid-range gap closer to complement her Sword/Dagger setup… much better than Staff, which may fit better on my Spectre instead…

I may pick up spear on my Untamed Ranger and Virtuoso Mesmer whenever I get around to buying more character slots to make them and finally decide what races they should be…

I don’t really see myself using Necro Spear, Guardian Spear, or Engineer Spear any time soon… though I do absolutely love Engineer spear’s concept… I just can’t figure out what spec to put it with… Guardian Spear could see some potential use on my firebrand, but I don’t see it as a viable alternative to Axe/Torch or Dual Pistols for her particular build… Necro Spear is just confusing and utterly unweildy… it was clearly designed more as a PvP weapon than anything…

and that leaves Elementalist Spear… I want to love it… but OMG is it aweful… the etchings durations are way too short and the pay off for if you do manage to pull one off is basically nonexistent… I thought this might be a decent alternative weapon for my Weaver, but now I’m reconsidering…

I honestly liked all the spears. Necro, engi, and ranger were especially great!. But I agree, that etching duration for ele is super short. 😞