Build & Equipment Templates

Hi,

with the increasing number of build options per profession, it would be amazing if we could get an increased number of maximum equipment (and build) templates per character. Eight is already not enough for someone who plays one character across all games modes and types of content and spear will only make things worse in this regard. Being "forced" to create alts of the same profession just to play different builds is not fun for me and I would happily pay for additional template slots instead.

To illustrate, here's what I typically need on a character:

1. WvW group support build
  2. WvW group DPS build
  3. WvW roaming build
  4. open world solo build
  5. open world group build
  6. group content power DPS build
  7. group content condi DPS build
  8. group content alac heal build
  9. group content quick heal build
  10. group content alac DPS build
  11. group content quick DPS build

That's already 11 builds on one character I would regularly play and that's not even including a template for experimenting around. Typically, all of them have different equipment requirements and benefit from a separate template.

(Thinking about it, maybe this post should have gone to the QoL thread instead.)

Edited by Awn.1327
  • Haha 1

I agree that 8 is sometimes not enough. Depends on the class because not every class has builds for what you mentioned.
I just made one char for each game mode, so 1 guard for wvw, 1 guard for pve, 1 for pve. That for each class. Atleast all the wvw boosters are not wasted in pve that way. At the end Anet makes more money this way because usually you also buy bag slots for new char + char slot itself.

But yes, more upgrades in general would be nice. Template slots, bank slots, characters slots, etc. Bank limit was not increased for many years.

• Like 1

Players needing more than 8 on a single character are probably a minority and it gives players another reason to buy more character slots, so I wouldn't expect more to come.

Also, there's the account-wide build slots that can be used as overflow if needed.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:11 AM, Awn.1327 said:
  • WvW group support build
  • WvW group DPS build
  • WvW roaming build
  • open world solo build
  • open world group build
  • group content power DPS build
  • group content condi DPS build
  • group content alac heal build
  • group content quick heal build
  • group content alac DPS build
  • group content quick DPS build

I don't know about WvW builds, so I leave them out.
In the end it actually only depends on how many different equipments you have as builds can easily be loaded via loadout, the storage or 3rd party tools / copy/pase from text editor.

Open world solo and group build can easily use the same equipment (like full berserker/condi). And the same for group content.
So that's 1 power equip and 1 condi equip you need for these 4 builds.

Heal Quickness and Heal Alac most likely use the same equipment as well. Same for condi/power boon support builds.

With this your list can be broken down to:

• Power dps equip
  • Condi dps equip
  • Heal equip
  • Condi boon support equip
  • Power boon support equip

With your three WvW builds/equips it's 8 equip slots. Close, but still managable.

With that said, more template slots wouldn't be bad at all. Especially when you have legendary weapons.
It's still ironic and a shame that switching legendary weapons is so much more inconvenient than switching non legy ones.
They really should add a way to safe presets (stats and sigils) for the weapons itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

Players needing more than 8 on a single character are probably a minority

That is true. nevertheless, adding more template slots would not impact the majority negatively.

and it gives players another reason to buy more character slots, so I wouldn't expect more to come.

Well additional template slots also cost gems, so it should be the same.

Also, there's the account-wide build slots that can be used as overflow if needed.

True and I am using that already. The build templates are trivial to adjust manually anyway but equipment templates aren't.

5 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

With your three WvW builds/equips it's 8 equip slots. Close, but still managable.

Nothing you say is wrong - and I can manage with 8 slots, albeit inconveniently - but you are still making a lot of assumptions on what the builds look like. E.g. open world solo build will be celestial and have something like frailty sigils which make no sense in a group build, where I would use e.g. full ritualist gear.

Similar with the boon support builds. Quickness and alacrity, depending on the profession, need completely different amounts of boon durations. Adjusting that manually everytime is just a chore.

I realize the game is biased towards doing everything with alts. So much so, that someone feels the need to react with a laugh instead of engaging in a meaningful discussion. I merely ask the devs to consider also the people who do not enjoy playing alts but play 99.9% of the time on one character - at least for long periods of time.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughtful reply.