PVE Power Virtuoso and Spear wall of text

Noro.2879

Soooo spear skills do not count as blade skills. The divide between 'blade skills' and non-blade skills has grown larger as a 10% damage increase on all blade skills is huge compared to the non-blade ones. This makes dagger and greatsword even stronger than before for power virtuosos. That's not to say terrestrial spear will be bad; like uw spear, trident, axe, and swords, it doesn't synergize with infinite forge's increased damage on blade skills. 

I would love to have synergy with the blade mechanic on other bladed weapons, but this means power virtuoso wants to play with the same dagger and greatsword with only one different off-hand depending on preference.

On 6/23/2024 at 9:42 AM, Markus.6415 said:

understand what you mean here. But the variety dies if players find out wich weapon has the highest benchmark numbers. For example, the spear is very good, flows well and even gets "Blade" skilltype put on it. Suddenly every powerchrono, powervirtuoso, powermirage will run around with the spear, because it is objectively the best thing you can play -> resulting in less variety, because the biggest part of those 3 specs will play the same. That is my concern

That’s the consequence of min maxing I’m afraid, this will occur regardless of design. 

It’s also a consequence of the many of the easiest builds being meta, it seems forgotten that even if a melee harder build was the highest DPs, condi virt would still have a place. 

because its ease of play means the average player will perform better with it.providing the numbers are masses apart. 

And tbh:

id rather spear take the lead for a while then be useless, its the new shiney toy after all, and tbh soto went so wrong with the fact it just felt non existent for many 

Editing the post with my feedback I put in the pinned feedback thread. Weapon is good, doesn't (currently) need blade tooltips. It's quite effective and I think quite possibly stronger than greatsword though it'll take some cooking to fully optimize.

If the spear does get nerfed for some reason, it would probably be a good idea to give it blade tooltips, but I would definitely argue it should not get buffed yet.