Med Pack Drop [Supply Crate toolbelt f5] should be instant, and the animation should be much faster

coro.3176

Been roaming a bit on core engi, and the main thing I notice when trying to make use of this skill is that it costs so much time to use, it is almost self-defeating.

For one thing, it feels like the cast time is really hard to get off in the situations when you'd actually want to use it (i.e. low health, lots of conditions). I regularly try to cast the skill only to have it interrupted, or not land in time to actually provide its cleanse.

What the skill looks like it should be is "emergency button when you need it", but in actual practice, it's more like "button you should press 1-3 seconds before you are going to need it", which defeats the purpose.

I know, probably no one cares about this because "who plays core engi?", right? but just thought I'd put this out there on the off chance it ever gets some love.

Edited by coro.3176
  • Like 2

• coro.3176 changed the title to Med Pack Drop [Supply Crate toolbelt f5] should be instant, and the animation should be much faster

to be fair, it does cleanse every single condition in the game at the simultaniously from multiple people while also dropping close to 8000 healing worth of medpacks so that is pretty powerful even with the cast time considering it is also pretty low cooldown with tools especially.

Amusingly as tools it will even make up a 15th condition and then also cleanse that too

Edited by Stalima.5490

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

to be fair, it does cleanse every single condition in the game at the simultaniously from multiple people while also dropping close to 8000 healing worth of medpacks so that is pretty powerful even with the cast time considering it is also pretty low cooldown with tools especially.

Amusingly as tools it will even make up a 15th condition and then also cleanse that too

Yeah, for sure. The issue I was having was: if you need to use it, you're probably under a lot of pressure. If you're under a lot of pressure, you don't have time to get the 1/4s cast time off, and then wait 1-2s for the aoe to drop.

I'm getting more value out of Function Gyro just cleansing 1 (for being a toolbelt skill) and being an instant AoE once you cast it, than I was playing core engi and trying to get Med Pack drop to cleanse 14 or whatever it is.

Also, the med pack healing seems questionable given that you have to run around and pick them up. The running around also has a time cost, and it's not clear that it's worth doing under pressure (i.e. when you want to use the skill in the first place). If you get ~8k worth of healing, but in the time you spend running around, your opponent manages to land another 9k burst, you're worse off than you started.

Edited by coro.3176

13 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

Yeah, for sure. The issue I was having was: if you need to use it, you're probably under a lot of pressure. If you're under a lot of pressure, you don't have time to get the 1/4s cast time off, and then wait 1-2s for the aoe to drop.

I'm getting more value out of Function Gyro just cleansing 1 (for being a toolbelt skill) and being an instant AoE once you cast it, than I was playing core engi and trying to get Med Pack drop to cleanse 14 or whatever it is.

Also, the med pack healing seems questionable given that you have to run around and pick them up. The running around also has a time cost, and it's not clear that it's worth doing under pressure (i.e. when you want to use the skill in the first place). If you get ~8k worth of healing, but in the time you spend running around, your opponent manages to land another 9k burst, you're worse off than you started.

I think it's best used as a precast before the fight starts to get medkits on the ground or as a post-disengage recovery rather than while hot in combat, although it can cause allies to win fights if you drop it in the middle of a duel.