Homestead crafting?

Really haven't seen too much information about this - perhaps I've missed something? But I'm quite curious to know about this new crafting system for homesteads. Does anyone know if what we make can be sold/bought on the trading post?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Really haven't seen too much information about this - perhaps I've missed something? But I'm quite curious to know about this new crafting system for homesteads. Does anyone know if what we make can be sold/bought on the trading post?

The guild hall scribing system works in a way that we can't sell what we create. All crafted furniture is automatically deposited into the guild decoration storage after processing, awaiting to be used as an additional crafting resource if needed. This is so that guild hall furniture can't be crafted in one guild and then taken to another that doesn't have access to it as a recipe or furniture vendor item.

I expect homestead furniture to work similarly, as it is a proven way to lock our assets to ourselves. There is a very high chance of gemstore recipes being a thing, as it was stated to be planned! I don't know if ArenaNet is cool with the idea of us crafting gemstore recipes for our friends. We will probably only be able to craft homestead furniture with homestead recipes that are bound to the homestead account. This is my speculation. I would be surprised if the system worked in a way that allowed for us to carry over our recipes or furniture to somebody else.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

The guild hall scribing system works in a way that we can't sell what we create. All crafted furniture is automatically deposited into the guild decoration storage after processing, awaiting to be used as an additional crafting resource if needed. This is so that guild hall furniture can't be crafted in one guild and then taken to another that doesn't have access to it as a recipe or furniture vendor item.

I expect homestead furniture to work similarly, as it is a proven way to lock our assets to ourselves. There is a very high chance of gemstore recipes being a thing, as it was stated to be planned! I don't know if ArenaNet is cool with the idea of us crafting gemstore recipes for our friends. We will probably only be able to craft homestead furniture with homestead recipes that are bound to the homestead account. This is my speculation. I would be surprised if the system worked in a way that allowed for us to carry over our recipes or furniture to somebody else.

I'm familiar with the guild hall scribing system...sure hope this homestead crafting won't be the same way, but it does stand to reason it would follow the same lines. That's unfortunate if true, but I guess we'll see.

Thanks for your answer! (And @Inculpatus cedo.9234!) Good to know I haven't missed any important information yet.