Guild Name Change Contract?

Posted (edited)

How about this for an idea, allow Guild leaders to change the name of their guild! Maybe this could be a gem shop item that allows you to do so. I'm currently leader in a guild that my son had started some 10 years ago, but he no longer plays. It would be nice if I could rename his guild. He no longer plays the game and says he has no intention of coming back to the game. (he has uninstalled it)

Edited by Marn the wanderer.4230
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marn the wanderer.4230 said:

How about this for an idea, allow Guild leaders to change the name of their guild! Maybe this could be a gem shop item that allows you to do so. I'm currently leader in a guild that my son had started some 10 years ago, but he no longer plays. It would be nice if I could rename his guild. He no longer plays the game and says he has no intention of coming back to the game. (he has uninstalled it)

As this is a service the support offers for free via ticket for as long as I can remember, there is no need for a new contract.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013021194-Policy-Guild-Ownership-and-Name-Changes

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/6/2024 at 2:02 PM, Schimmi.6872 said:

As this is a service the support offers for free via ticket for as long as I can remember, there is no need for a new contract.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013021194-Policy-Guild-Ownership-and-Name-Changes

Yes you can seek support for help if you want to change the guild name but the process is so cumbersome. Just let us pay for a guild name change contract, make extra revenues, win-win situation.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

On 7/8/2024 at 6:24 PM, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Yes you can seek support for help if you want to change the guild name but the process is so cumbersome. Just let us pay for a guild name change contract, make extra revenues, win-win situation.

It takes about as much effort as it took you to write this post

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

It takes about as much effort as it took you to write this post

Buying it from the gem store takes even lesser effort, and most likely it should cost less than a cup of Starbuck coffee. I am willing to trade a cup of coffee for having to  wait for a few days to a week  for rheir approval and you need to come up with 5 names 😓 That's the hassle. If you don't mind good for you, now let others have a choice and willing to pay real money to support the game.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6