Some gathering nodes could use some improvements in advance to Janthir Wilds.

• Homegrown Koda's Blossom, Homegrown Krytan Spiderwort, Homegrown Ascalonian Royal Iris, and Shing Jea Orchid have a couple of issues.
    • The nodes for some of them are absurdly small. So small that they are actually smaller than their "Growing Crops" model. I double check that I don't miss any.
    • They carry no uses for players who do not own the garden from the gem store. It's kind of a bummer that I need to inform guests to not collect them under certain conditions, because ArenaNet doesn't want just anybody to get 2 hour primers for their 1 hour duration ascended food that every guild everywhere is dropping every hour.
  • Ascended crop gathering nodes. I get not wanting to let everybody harvest the ascended nodes. It's just too important to just give away. I also understand that you only want players to be able to harvest ascended nodes once. How about we switch to a new system then? If a player harvests a normal crop in a home instance, grant them a 'Cultivated' crop if they happen to have the ascended seed for that crop within their inventory. Consume said seed in exchange. This way everybody in the party can harvest said crops and we no longer need to replant the seeds every day! Everybody wins!
  • The Enchanted Treasure Chest is something I have visitors always asking me about. It's kind of a social piece, because I need to tell them that they can't open it and it is not worth owning. I always tell them that it can't be shared and we have a good laugh at how the trivial loot is locked away behind an achievement costing hundreds of gold. Sometimes I'll tell them about the Old Man dialogue related to the chest.
  • The Krait Obelisk Shard could probably use some improvements for less aware players. It grants Charged Quartz Crystals to people who have 25 quartz crystals in their inventory.
    • The object doesn't provide enough information to players on what else they can do with it, outside of being a hero point.
    • We must carry Quartz Crystals from our banks to it every day, unless you're like me and put a stack inside of an invisible bag on their collecting character.
  • Enchanted Treasure Chest, Found Bandit Chest, and Wintersday Gift Tree do not have their icons disappear from the minimap once collected. This is inconsistent with the Heart of Thorns chests. Not really a bug, more of an old minimap marker kind of thing.
  • Bug: Cloth and leather gathering nodes from the gem store will disappear on the minimap if they are collected by a fellow party member. They can still be collected, you just can't know of it from afar. I've reported this a few times in the game. The bug team just never got around to it. I'm always telling people about it so that they don't miss their nodes.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

The object doesn't provide enough information to players on what else they can do with it, outside of being a hero point.

To be fair, that's because it's what it is, it's only a hero point.

You can charge quartz at every channel hero point, people tend to do it at the krait obelisk because it's more convenient, but that's it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

To be fair, that's because it's what it is, it's only a hero point.

You can charge quartz at every channel hero point, people tend to do it at the krait obelisk because it's more convenient, but that's it.

Yeah. It's not like people need to go to the home instance to learn or benefit from this node specifically.

However, it does feel like there are people are missing out on something pretty critical through a lack of wiki knowledge. It requires players to not deposit their crystals into material storage and to then engage with an object that is probably already marked as completed.

If they let players utilize bank material storage for crafting the Charged Quartz Crystal they'd hit two birds with one stone. It would allow for players unfamiliar with the mechanic to work with it the moment that they interact with the hero point.

Edited by Quench.7091
Tried to clarify the new player difficulties with the node.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1