Janthir Wilds Unleashed: The Enhanced Warclaw Mount

6 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

I really don't see this idea working. I think implementing "risk" is both too daunting and not something ANet has really been good at lately.

All I mean by "risk" is an element of consequence to using a mount, either by having a long cooldown based on damage like turtle already has, or by putting you in downstate when dismounted due to damage, nothing wild. The issue with skyscale in particular is that it snipes from high above; combat mounts are fine as long as you are actually getting involved in the combat.

6 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

And otherwise, PMech and Virt are lazy enough as it is, we don't need even easier sources of "middling" damage.

Yes, we do. "Middling" damage is an upgrade for a fair proportion of the player base, and easier access to it through mounts (something that can be disabled in specific places as needed, and works completely independently of equipped gear/profession) is ideal. That way, if they're undergeared, or playing a profession/build that isn't suited to the combat, they can jump on their mount and participate more fully than they would otherwise. Especially if there's some actual skill involved with mounted combat, because you can then learn how to do optimal DPS on a mount once and always have access to it, instead of having to switch characters and potentially miss events.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

What I like about this most is that I'll be able to just play and have fun, taking my time to just explore and work on the warclaw stuff. I won't have the dreaded sense of having to get in position for yet another world-ending threat. I can just play. Loving those masteries, but I'm concerned about whether the masteries will be staggered as well. I might have missed it in the reading, but can we get confirmation on whether or not the full set of warclaw masteries will be available at release?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, Omega.6801 said:

Cool. Now people can camp three useless mounts while doing 1k DPS. Please start dismounting players again when using abilities, combat mounts are a bad idea.

Someone misusing their abilities is the player's responsibility and choice. It's not Anet's to try and police every possible skill, interaction and playstyle. They might not be that great to play with but rarely do we see dozens and dozens of people on mounts pew pewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I would like to suggest making the 9 Lives warclaw mastery to complement the Bond of Life skill. It's just too risky to almost every use that skill for fear of being downed. Consider it another enhancement when we are just knocked off even with a lot of temporary health vs downed. I'm sure the metrisc show barely any use of it.

Taking no fall damage is fine but skyscale, skimmer and with one jump, jackal can also avoid fall damage. I consider it a wasted mastery if that's all it does.