A PETITION TO QUIT WVW IF SERVER PLAY DOESNT COME BACK

7 hours ago, Jjaded.1062 said:

It's almost like it's new and has to improve over time...

And let's not act like the old system didn't have completely terrible servers.

Like i said the old system had its problems but this new system is just crap the only differense that i see it has going on is everybody i knew from my server are now gone and the situation is exactly the same team balance vice as it was before so to me it was just completely wasted time from developers if they wont change things anymore and looking at how slow they do things i really have no hopes left that anything will change other than them patting their backs for well done job.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Like i said the old system had its problems but this new system is just crap the only differense that i see it has going on is everybody i knew from my server are now gone and the situation is exactly the same team balance vice as it was before so to me it was just completely wasted time from developers if they wont change things anymore and looking at how slow they do things i really have no hopes left that anything will change other than them patting their backs for well done job.

Did they announce they were no longer changing anything? I don't think so. Your negative outlook is not an arenanet issue it's a you issue. Just like you choosing to not find a community is not an arenanet issue it's a you issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/15/2024 at 8:13 AM, Cuks.8241 said:

Everybody is quitting.

Meanwhile queue on all borders every evening on week days.

but where do you see it? In EU T2 / T1 I have been seeing a maximum of 10 men queuing on EB for 2 months. I have never seen borders in the queue as I have for 60 days. Are you playing WVW too?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jjaded.1062 said:

If you wanted to keep that core community simply create or join a guild and "Set as WvW Guild". I personally have enjoyed restructuring with a guild and as a solo. I'm sorry that you haven't.

done what? Does your guild have the opportunity to compare itself with other guilds? Through a point system for guilds? because it seems to me that the game design is identical to before. server-based . while we created the conditions for which no one gives a kitten about the servers. Are you also playing a useless mode? Where is competition denied? Where is comparison denied? Not to mention the only thing they have updated, the score, because it is really absurd.

and........ even more absurd ...... Still based on Srever. Dear development guys, I don't know what words to use, but your WR update, while ''should'' create servers similar to each other, at the same time makes the WVW mode, useless. Interest in your team/server no longer exists.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

done what? Does your guild have the opportunity to compare itself with other guilds? Through a point system for guilds? because it seems to me that the game design is identical to before. server-based . while we created the conditions for which no one gives a kitten about the servers. Are you also playing a useless mode? Where is competition denied? Where is comparison denied? Not to mention the only thing they have updated, the score, because it is really absurd.

and........ even more absurd ...... Still based on Srever. Dear development guys, I don't know what words to use, but your WR update, while ''should'' create servers similar to each other, at the same time makes the WVW mode, useless. Interest in your team/server no longer exists.

Why would you quote me and say this when this has nothing to do with what I was talking about?

Edited by Jjaded.1062
  • Confused 2

On 8/24/2024 at 6:14 PM, Jjaded.1062 said:

Why would you quote me and say this when this has nothing to do with what I was talking about?

Did I quote your words or someone else's? You wrote it, not me for sure. Someone is telling you that they have lost their server community, team spirit, identity, and belonging. And your answer is select a WWW guild/alliance. And then? What do you do with it? Who cares about towers or castles? No one gives a kitten because the perception is that it's not your stuff. as a result, you are not involved. Even if you have selected your WVW guild. it doesn't change a kitten.

• Like 5

On 8/24/2024 at 6:14 PM, Jjaded.1062 said:

Like the poster above says. A guild is not the same as a server community and never will be even though it does TRY to grasp some level of it, and unsuccessfully so. Since I last wrote I've stopped attending WvW altogether unless it's to farm chests/loot, and from what I've noticed there seem to be a rather large number of people doing the same unless I ended up in the wrong team. But I still find your point of view rather interesting though because if the devs carry a similar way of thinking and point of view about this ordeal, it may actually explain why things are going in this destructive direction.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Did I quote your words or someone else's? You wrote it, not me for sure. Someone is telling you that they have lost their server community, team spirit, identity, and belonging. And your answer is select a WWW guild/alliance. And then? What do you do with it? Who cares about towers or castles? No one gives a kitten because the perception is that it's not your stuff. as a result, you are not involved. Even if you have selected your WVW guild. it doesn't change a kitten.

With that logic who cares about any game at all? They're all pointless at the end of the day. However if you can read you would know I was replying to someone who said they missed their "core" community and I doubt an entire server is a core community. A "core community" can surely fit inside a 500 person guild. And once they set it as their WvW guild they can play together. Is it more important to play with friends or rep a server that means nothing? So your stance is you care more about the server you were in rather than the people you enjoyed playing with? That you can literally still play with?

Edited by Jjaded.1062
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game mode. There will always be pros and cons to any change. Like Grimm said in an earlier comment unless they release the metrics of new vs leaving players we'll never know exactly if the change was worth it. My personal opinion is nothing changed and I get to meet more players however I guess I didn't consistently play in a community so it didn't impact me the same as others and I can understand their frustration.

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Jjaded.1062 said:

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game mode. There will always be pros and cons to any change. Like Grimm said in an earlier comment unless they release the metrics of new vs leaving players we'll never know exactly if the change was worth it. My personal opinion is nothing changed and I get to meet more players however I guess I didn't consistently play in a community so it didn't impact me the same as others and I can understand their frustration.

I absolutely agree with you that the impact of this change is different between the various players. My feelings go beyond the concept of community, which you can somehow partially keep through any umbrella guild. What doesn't solve, at least for me, is the aspect of ''participating' or ''getting involved' which leads you directly to the concept of ''defense/attack'' because I can't perceive the 4-week temporary server randomly built each time differently constantly surrounded by new people/players, like my server. So you find yourself playing a team/server game (GameDesign) where no one cares about the score, the standings, the status of the team/server. That's why I say : useless team game mode.

Of course a game is useless in itself,but it should at least be a good time pass, and somehow it should involve you, capture your attention/participation in reference to how it was built, designed etc etc. and for me wvw in this state lacks all this.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I absolutely agree with you that the impact of this change is different between the various players. My feelings go beyond the concept of community, which you can somehow partially keep through any umbrella guild. What doesn't solve, at least for me, is the aspect of ''participating' or ''getting involved' which leads you directly to the concept of ''defense/attack'' because I can't perceive the 4-week temporary server randomly built each time differently constantly surrounded by new people/players, like my server. So you find yourself playing a team/server game (GameDesign) where no one cares about the score, the standings, the status of the team/server. That's why I say : useless team game mode.

Of course a game is useless in itself,but it should at least be a good time pass, and somehow it should involve you, capture your attention/participation in reference to how it was built, designed etc etc. and for me wvw in this state lacks all this.

I can understand your point completely with that regard. It can make people feel like they don't belong anymore and now they're just a random name instead of being apart of a set identity. That definitely is an issue. It's no longer WvW but more so Link V Link and it changes monthly. Hopefully they will fix this going forward if they continue working towards "Alliances" however I'm not sure that is plausible anymore considering how stacked a server can be when two of the better ones are paired *cough LC*. I personally, like I've said, don't mind this but I'm not the center attention of WvW so I can understand your point as well.

Edited by Jjaded.1062
  • Confused 2

On 8/28/2024 at 12:13 PM, Mabi black.1824 said:

I really appreciate these words, so rare in this forum, for all those who question the development choices of Anet.

I admit I lowered my bar when they said the WR would be full beta. It did make it easier. I still miss my pub style server and all those puggies. So now I get to see old faces at times and add new ones, I just don't know if I will connect with them on the next sort. I turned around the way I looked at it and expecting to see faces I know to now look at it with, who did I get this time? oh hai! Still floating though since I want to see the sorts for now, but I get you. It still takes some orientation each sort for people to id others so it takes more time to get things in motion. May you find a good sort tomorrow. 

I cant stand the new system.  I'm now on a server where I don't know anyone.   The few friends I play with had to set some other WVW guild which I couldn't care less about.  So now we are all on different servers with 30 days wait.  Having to choose a guild to follow isn't working for me and has directly impacted my play experience negatively.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2024 at 12:58 AM, Jjaded.1062 said:

Did they announce they were no longer changing anything? I don't think so. Your negative outlook is not an arenanet issue it's a you issue. Just like you choosing to not find a community is not an arenanet issue it's a you issue.

No. The point is...we HAD communities.

Now that everything is just a grab bag of whatever. What is the point of playing and winning if you're not even going to be under the same alliance name each big reset?
None of this makes sense. It isn't fun. And none of the players' issues were addressed.

I'll be in my homestead when the petition is ready.

Edited by Melecha.4576
fixed grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Melecha.4576 said:

No. The point is...we HAD communities.

Now that everything is just a grab bag of whatever. What is the point of playing and winning if you're not even going to be under the same alliance name each big reset?
None of this makes sense. It isn't fun. And none of the players' issues were addressed.

I'll be in my homestead when the petition is ready.

Okay

Edited by Jjaded.1062
Rude
  • Confused 2

On 9/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, Melecha.4576 said:

Unfortunately, I completely agree with this interpretation. I have the impression that it is really a half-hearted update, where we put the guild/alliance at the center but the game design, being identical to before (referring to the server/team) doesn't give a kitten about the guild/alliance completely. Comparison is denied, competition is denied, especially on a decent timeline, that is, it would be nice to grant a 12-month season at least for all the guilds/alliances that participate in it. then rinse and start again. Something like that. Large-scale PvP or useless PvP? This is the question you should ask yourself.

One of the most fun aspects of WVW, at least for me personally, was the teams/servers, not because they win or lose, but because they had the ability to make you feel like an infinitesimally small part of that team. I am talking about belonging, identity, choice, with the direct consequence of making a group/community which then in the game translates into a common/coordinated action of attack or defense. Especially when you lose, when you are in difficulty.

Now, legend the WVW forum is pretty clear that some share this while others don't. But let's try to make a detached reasoning, looking at it from a little further away. If we apply a ''controlled' transfer system in WWW on a server basis, and I mean controlled not denied, and we grant game seasons based on a 12-month point system, so that we can deliver any symbolic or non-symbolic rewards to the top 5 teams and then we launch WR and reshuffle all the various guild/alliance groups etc etc and start over . In your opinion, but above all according to the guys in the development of Anet, what would be the problems? Isn't that a more inclusive trade-off? Is a historical track or season on a server basis no longer engaging? doesn't it help the different players to group up for a shared goal?

• Like 4