Team Population Count Is So Uneven - It May Be Broken!

On 8/9/2024 at 9:44 AM, coro.3176 said:

There's definitely something weird going on in the Mosswood-Throne-Yohlon matchup on NA right now. Red has a large population advantage at *all* hours of the day.

I also notice that red has a lot of new / low-rank WvW players - way more than green (and I'm on blue, so I can't see that side). I suspect what happened is that either a guild all made alt accounts on red, or somehow new WvW players are picking that server at a higher rate than the other two.

I think this is the wvwintel for it: https://wvwintel.com/#1015 but the server names are obviously different.

Edit: actually, this site seems to be much more useful for analyzing: https://kills.werdes.net/#/matches/2024.08.03-2024.08.10-yohlon-haven-mosswood-throne-of-balthazar/

I'm on Yohlon this time around, and was on the previous one. I play a lot more PvE now.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 9:53 PM, One more for the road.8950 said:

PvP matches are supposed to be equal number of players at any given time, but even that fails at times with just five players. Yeah, that is not going to happen.

Yeah, just saying that with the way WvW is designed, it wouldn't be very practical to expect it to create "fair" match-ups in terms of numbers and skill at any given times of the day. That's just not what it's designed/made to do.

If that was the goal, there's ways it could be improved of course, but at the cost of something else. But in the end, even with lots of changes it wouldn't be able to do as "good" a job of it as sPvP does, and if people doesn't like how sPvP does it, how should we expect them to ever be happy with WvW on that end?

• Like 2