How to kill cele harbs?

On 8/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, KrHome.1920 said:

The only thing you can do is avoid these builds which is why mobility is the most important thing your roaming build should bring to the table.

This is the crux of the issue. WvW, and solo roaming in WvW in particular, is inherently unfair and unbalanced. The only thing that stops someone from dying over and over to an overpowered build, a gank squad, or even just a better player is mobility. The vast majority of people who try to solo roam do not have the necessary mobility, and they just die any time they come across something they can't just faceroll. The imbalances of the gamemode and the playstyle become much less pronounced when mobility is prioritized. ANET simply does not teach new players about mobility, and the availability of the raptor mount at level basically makes mobility a non-issue until it becomes the most important issue when new players start WvW.

I'm a Holo, and I run fast!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

Tbf, you probably die here if that zerg wasn't entirely braindead--like the ranger uses Rapid Fire instead of PBS when you are on a cliff to begin with and you only own camp, not keep..so chances of you gliding out of that are minimal.  

Anyway, no one is telling me why Harbinger is better than Reaper.  Every skill you are having problems with exists on core necro besides the shroud for more damage and the elite which does nothing if you just kite it.  

So, again...why are people saying 'Harbinger' in 2024 when any cele necro spec with pistol/sword going to wreck you? 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Tbf, you probably die here if that zerg wasn't entirely braindead--like the ranger uses Rapid Fire instead of PBS when you are on a cliff to begin with and you only own camp, not keep..so chances of you gliding out of that are minimal.

I was on my mount to begin with. He used PBS after I dismounted, but I positioned so the the rock on the ledge caught me. I then popped stability and jump on the other side of the rock. There was a very small moment after I jump down where a push back could have been bad, but I had Elixir S ready to invuln any CC.

22 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Anyway, no one is telling me why Harbinger is better than Reaper.  Every skill you are having problems with exists on core necro besides the shroud for more damage and the elite which does nothing if you just kite it.  

So, again...why are people saying 'Harbinger' in 2024 when any cele necro spec with pistol/sword going to wreck you? 

Core necro does negligible damage, and Reaper shroud can be kited completely. Harb shroud has 900 range, which makes kiting while still applying your damage much harder. In addition, Harb has access to all of their healing while in shroud, and therefore does not need to drop shroud if they are pressured. Harb also has perm quickness while in shroud, so Vital Draw's 3 second CC is coming twice as fast as Reaper's 2.5 second CC.

Another factor is that not every Reaper will be cele. It's just as likely for Reaper to be power, in which case it's much more fun to fight. On the other hand, almost every single Harb will be cele, simply because the class design lends itself very well to cele stats. Harb therefore "feels" more op than Reaper to the average player.

Edited by H K.4057
A word. And added some more thoughts.
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2024 at 5:41 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Harbinger is more annoying than Reaper because it's substantially more difficult to kite. Reaper has basically the same level of mobility but its shroud is entirely melee based with far less threatening CC, while Harbinger has more threatening ranges and greater condi burst potential, especially if you get caught in hs5; rs5 is significantly easier to dodge and doesn't tick repeatedly. 

Core necro is way too slow and doesn't output enough damage to keep up when the extra bulk you get isn't really needed, and if you are outnumbered, then all of them die anyway to competent enemies. 

Getting every boon is never 'nothing' and is something Reaper cannot do. If kiting either were that simple, nobody would die to them at all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Harbinger's sustain depend a lot on healing over time. What you need to face them:

• Cleanse
  • Projectile hate
  • Poison sources + relic of the demon queen (That would nerf it's sustain by 50%)
  • CC

Ah ok, this may be why I don't struggle too much fighting them on condi druid.  In WvW usually ends up a stalemate, in sPvP they are pretty easily countered by my build I'm finding.  

Have more trouble with Reaper on both fronts because of the melee superiority and the extra lifebar for a shroud...

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267