Mushroom event is terrible

There is a mushroom gathering event on the new map.  The mushroom you need is RNG apparently.  IDK, b/.c out of 20+ mushrooms I never found one that I could turn in.  Who designed this?  This isn't a bug btw, apparently its designed to waste your time.

• Confused 6

I believe it's to do with the colour of the mushrooms. You have to visually look at the mushrooms and check what colour its model is. 

It also seems like the mushrooms don't change colour when they respawn in each spot. So once you find a mushroom you can turn in, if you return to that same spot once the mushroom respawns, you'll get another one you can turn in.

As for what colours do what, I'm colourblind so this event was... challenging. I believe (blue?) Is the hallucinogen. I think the good ones are green? But like I say, colourblind so they could also be yellow or red and I wouldn't know. 

Edited by Vetch.6307
  • Like 2

I literally picked up all 3 colors and it wouldn't let me turn in any of them.  Maybe it was bugged.  It took like 20 people 10 minutes to finish it and I never got credit for even one and I was there the whole time.

• Confused 4

11 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

You have a green and blue which are bad, the yellow one with spots is what you want, you can also find a gold one, just look at them to visually ID them before you grab them.

What do you mean, "blue are bad"? Blue are the best.

"I should stop getting myself in these... situations." 😂

Edited by anninke.7469
  • Haha 1

The good mushrooms have a bunch of bubble-like visual effects coming off of them, which makes it a bit easier to spot.
Also, it seems that only a single golden mushroom spawns at the start of each event.

Does graphics quality have any effect? I remember when my brother and I (sitting in the same room) tried to to find our first rift, I could see the swooshing on my screen, but he could not until we adjusted his graphics settings.