Story is an absolute slog

On 9/9/2024 at 5:56 PM, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I think the story has a decent framework, and the rest of the expac supports it quite well. Perhaps even carries it. The one thing that keeps making the story fall apart in this game is all the railroading. It barely feels like a RPG anymore. Nothing you do or choose makes any impact on the story at all. Where is the interaction? Where is the RP? I feel more like a spectator who's only purpose is to fight and can't make any decisions.

Yea, of course all the talking feels like a slog when it's always NPCs and canned responses, not real interaction and involvement. I need something to make me invested, Anet. I need to feel like I'm a part of the story, not just watching it.

I actually thought we were seeing a return to the personal story when we got to choose our path during that one chapter (you know which one), but nope! No matter yea or nay, nothing you say or do matters at all. The outcome is already decided. Dialogue hardly changes at all. I know this isn't BG3, but can we borrow just ONE writer from Larien for the next expac? 😄 

It's all about the budget. If you let us choose a direction then they have to split it between different paths and effort and now you doubled the work load  etc. If there is one path then its cheaper. Janet is on a budget AF.